Simon Erling Nitter Dankel
- BesøksadresseLaboratoriebyggetHaukeland universitetssykehus5020 BergenRom9230
- PostadressePostboks 78045020 Bergen
Metabolisme, ernæring, fettvev, fedme, type 2 diabetes, genregulering, genetikk/genomikk
- (2023). Relationship between Ketones, Ghrelin, and, Appetite on Isocaloric Diets with Varying Carbohydrate Quality and Amount: Results from a Randomized Controlled Trial in People with Obesity (CARBFUNC). Journal of Nutrition. 459-469.
- (2023). Metabolic role of the hepatic valine/3-hydroxyisobutyrate (3-HIB) pathway in fatty liver disease. EBioMedicine. 18 sider.
- (2022). Seven-year trajectories of body weight, quality of life and comorbidities following Roux-en-Y gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy. International Journal of Obesity. 739-749.
- (2022). Plasma Cholesterol- and Body Fat-Lowering Effects of Chicken Protein Hydrolysate and Oil in High-Fat Fed Male Wistar Rats. Nutrients. 18 sider.
- (2022). Physical activity and risk of all-cause mortality in patients with stable angina pectoris: Effect modification by β-blocker treatment. International Journal of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Risk and Prevention (IJCCRP). 6 sider.
- (2022). MRI adipose tissue segmentation and quantification in R (RAdipoSeg). Diabetology and Metabolic Syndrome. 1-8.
- (2022). Diets differing in carbohydrate cellularity and amount similarly reduced visceral fat in people with obesity - a randomized controlled trial (CARBFUNC). Clinical Nutrition. 2345-2355.
- (2021). The homeoviscous adaptation to dietary lipids (HADL) model explains controversies over saturated fat, cholesterol, and cardiovascular disease risk. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 277-289.
- (2021). Serglycin Is Involved in Adipose Tissue Inflammation in Obesity. Journal of Immunology. 121-132.
- (2021). Role of the Neutral Amino Acid Transporter Slc7a10 in Adipocyte Lipid Storage, Obesity and Insulin Resistance. Diabetes. 680-695.
- (2021). Plasma 3-hydroxyisobutyrate (3-HIB) and methylmalonic acid (MMA) are markers of hepatic mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation in male Wistar rats. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids. 10 sider.
- (2021). Meal patterns associated with energy intake in people with obesity. British Journal of Nutrition.
- (2021). Hepatic Energy Metabolism Underlying Differential Lipidomic Responses to High-Carbohydrate and High-Fat Diets in Male Wistar Rats. Journal of Nutrition. 2610-2621.
- (2021). Genetic Deficiency of TRAF5 Promotes Adipose Tissue Inflammation and Aggravates Diet-Induced Obesity in Mice. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology. 2563-2574.
- (2021). Changes in lipoprotein particle subclasses, standard lipids, and apolipoproteins after supplementation with n-3 or n-6 PUFAs in abdominal obesity: A randomized double-blind crossover study. Clinical Nutrition. 2556-2575.
- (2021). A regulatory variant at 3q21.1 confers an increased pleiotropic risk for hyperglycemia and altered bone mineral density. Cell Metabolism. 615-628.
- (2020). Single-cell transcriptional networks in differentiating preadipocytes suggest drivers associated with tissue heterogeneity. Nature Communications. 1-9.
- (2020). COL6A3 expression in adipose tissue cells is associated with levels of the homeobox transcription factor PRRX1. Scientific Reports. 1-11.
- (2020). A MicroRNA Linking Human Positive Selection and Metabolic Disorders. Cell. 684-701.
- (2020). 3-hydroxyisobutyrate, a strong marker of insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes and obesity that modulates white and brown adipocyte metabolism. Diabetes. 1903-1916.
- (2019). The homeobox factor Irx3 maintains adipogenic identity. Metabolism: Clinical and Experimental.
- (2019). The Rho GTPase RND3 regulates adipocyte lipolysis. Metabolism: Clinical and Experimental. 1-12.
- (2019). Short-term effects of Vertical sleeve gastrectomy and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass on glucose homeostasis. Scientific Reports. 1-7.
- (2019). Plasma amino acids and incident type 2 diabetes in patients with coronary artery disease. Diabetes Care. 1225-1233.
- (2019). Membrane metallo-endopeptidase (Neprilysin) regulates inflammatory response and insulin signaling in white preadipocytes. Molecular Metabolism. 21-36.
- (2019). Genredigering - eit felles ansvar. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 2 sider.
- (2019). Absence of the proteoglycan decorin reduces glucose tolerance in overfed male mice. Scientific Reports.
- (2018). IRX5 regulates adipocyte amyloid precursor protein and mitochondrial respiration in obesity. International Journal of Obesity.
- (2017). Visceral adiposity and metabolic syndrome after very high-fat and low-fat isocaloric diets: A randomized controlled trial. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 85-99.
- (2015). The active tamoxifen metabolite endoxifen (4OHNDtam) strongly down-regulates cytokeratin 6 (CK6) in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. PLOS ONE. 19 sider.
- (2015). FTO obesity variant circuitry and adipocyte browning in humans. New England Journal of Medicine. 895-907.
- (2015). COL6A3 is regulated by leptin in human adipose tissue and reduced in obesity. Endocrinology. 134-146.
- (2014). Weight cycling promotes fat gain and altered clock gene expression in adipose tissue in C57BL/6J mice. American Journal of Physiology. Endocrinology and Metabolism. E210-E224.
- (2014). Leveraging cross- species transcription factor binding site patterns: from diabetes risk loci to disease mechanisms. Cell. 343-358.
- (2014). COL6A3 expression in adipocytes associates with insulin resistance and depends on PPARγ and adipocyte size. Obesity. 1807-1813.
- (2014). ASC-1, PAT2, and P2RX5 are cell surface markers for white, beige, and brown adipocytes. Science Translational Medicine.
- (2013). Downregulation of steroid receptor coactivator-2 modulates estrogen-responsive genes and stimulates proliferation of MCF-7 breast cancer cells. PLOS ONE. 10 sider.
- (2013). Changes in adipose glucocorticoid metabolism before and after bariatric surgery assessed by direct hormone measurements. Obesity. 2495-2503.
- (2012). The nuclear receptors NUR77, NURR1 and NOR1 in obesity and during fat loss. International Journal of Obesity. 1195-1202.
- (2011). Primary hyperparathyroidism influences the expression of inflammatory and metabolic genes in adipose tissue. PLOS ONE. 10 sider.
- (2010). cAMP-mediated regulation of HNF-4 alpha depends on the level of coactivator PGC-1 alpha. BBA - Molecular Cell Research. 1013-1019.
- (2010). Switch from stress response to homeobox transcription factors in adipose tissue after profound fat loss. PLOS ONE. 12 sider.
- (2022). Marine bioaktive fiskepeptider for forebygging av overvekt og mikrobiotarelaterte sykdommer i mennesker og dyr. .
- (2019). Integrative Genomics Links Homeobox Transcription Factors to Risk of Visceral Adiposity .
- (2023). Long-term impact of gastropexy on use of acid-reducing medication, second operations for gastroesophageal reflux and subjective reflux symptoms after sleeve gastrectomy .
- (2022). Nedbrytningen av BCAAs i humane leverceller er assosiert med fettleversykdom.
- (2022). Genetisk risiko for bukfedme.
- (2021). Epigenetic control of adipogenesis by Irx3.
- (2021). Altered hepatic HIBCH expression is associated with hepatic lipid accumulation and fatty liver.
- (2020). Low 3-hydroxyisobutyrate (3-HIB) and high methylmalonic acid (MMA) levels in plasma reflect increased hepatic fatty acid oxidation.
- (2019). Inhibition of the serine transporter SLC7A10 limits antioxidant capacity and promotes lipid storage in adipocytes.
- (2019). Circulating 3-hydroxyisobutyrate (3-HIB) as a clinical marker of prediabetes and T2D in patients with obesity.
- (2019). A novel amino acid transporter modulating insulin resistance via adipocytes .
- (2018). Amino acid metabolism in adipocytes.
- (2017). Impaired amino acid transport in adipocytes promotes visceral fat storage .
- (2017). Amino acid transport in adipocytes modulates visceral fat accumulation and diabetes risk.
- (2014). Preadipocyte and Adipocyte Heterogeneity within a Single White Fat Depot in Humans.
- (2012). Weight cycling affects adipose tissue genes involved in circadian rhythm and lipid metabolism.
- (2012). Integrative genomics links homeobox transcription factors to intra-abdominal obesity.
- (2009). Bariatric surgery dramatically alters global gene expression in adipose tissue.
- (2019). The relationship between quality and quantity of dietary carbohydrates, SCFAs and gastrointestinal health in obesity – A randomized control dietary intervention (CARBFUNC).
- (2019). Effects of carbohydrate quality and quantity on fecal short-chain fatty acids and symptoms of gastrointestinal health in people with obesity: a randomized controlled trial (CARBFUNC).
- (2007). Role of cAMP/PKA in Regulation of GRIP1- and PGC1a-Mediated Coactivation of Nuclear Receptor HNF4a.
- (2006). Role of cAMP/PKA in Regulation of GRIP1- and PGC1alpha-Mediated Coactivation of Nuclear Receptor HNF4Alpha.
Brev til redaktøren
- (2021). Reply to JJ Christensen et al. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
- (2021). Reply to A Laila. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 823-824.
- (2011). Transcriptomics of adipose tissue – Integrative search for obesity candidate genes.
- (2020). Analysis of Megavariate Data in Functional Omics. 52 sider.
- (2011). Steroid Receptor Coactivators and Endocrine Treatment in Breast Cancer. 32 sider.
- (2010). Gene Expression Profile of Nuclear Receptors and Coregulators in Adipose Tissues in Morbid Obesity and after Profound Fat Loss. Endocrine reviews. 1 sider.
- (2010). From stress response to developmental processes in abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue after bariatric surgery. Endocrine journal. S429-S429.
- (2022). Altered hepatic HIBCH expression is associated with hepatic lipid accumulation and fatty liver.
- (2019). Inhibition of serine transporter SLC7A10 promotes lipid accumulation through altered BCAA catabolism in adipocytes.
- (2019). Generation and validation of immortalized human paired subcutaneous and omental adipocyte models to study obesity.
- (2019). Adipocyte amino acid metabolism in obesity-related metabolic diseases .
- (2018). Irx5 regulates body weight via amyloid precursor protein (App) and mitochondrial respiration in adipocytes.
- (2018). Irx5 regulates body weight via amyloid precursor protein and mitochondrial respiration in adipocytes.
- (2018). Inhibition of the serine transporter SLC7A10 promotes lipid storage by limiting antioxidant capacity in adipocytes.
- (2018). Impaired D-serine uptake in adipocytes promotes oxidative stress and visceral obesity.
- (2018). Impaired D-serine uptake in adipocytes promotes oxidative stress and visceral obesity.
- (2018). Gene marker panel for omental and subcutaneous adipocytes in humans .
- (2018). ASC-1 transports serine and curbs visceral obesity.
- (2014). SLC7A10, a novel adipocyte-enriched gene with a potential role in adipocyte differentiation.
- (2014). Role of homeobox transcription factors IRX3 and IRX5 in mitochondrial development and activity in adipose tissue.
- (2014). A moderate energy-restricted very-high-fat diet reduces fat mass and improves metabolic health in abdominally obese middle-aged men.
- (2013). Role of homeobox transcription factor IRX5 in obesity and metabolic health.
- (2013). Deficiency of Irx5 is associated with decreased fat mass in male CD1 mice.
- (2012). Candidate genes for fat regain after weight cycling in mice.
- (2012). CDKN1A associates with fat regain after weight cycling in mice.
- (2011). The nuclear receptors NURR77, NURR1 and NOR1 in obesity and during fat loss.
- (2011). Prediction of obesity candidate genes by multiple gene expression analyses of adipose tissue.
- (2011). Differential Expression of Inflammatory and Metabolic Genes in Adipose Tissue of Patients with Primary Huperparathyroidism.
- (2011). Characterization of Global Gene Expression in Breast Cancer Cells after cAMP/PKA-mediated downregulation of Steroid Receptor Coactivator 2.
- (2010). Low Omental Expression of Fat Loss-Associated Homeobox Transcription Factors in Morbid Obesity.
- (2010). Gene Expression Profile of Nuclear Receptors and Coregulators in Adipose Tissues in Morbid Obesity and after Profound Fat Loss.
- (2010). From stress response to developmental processes in abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue after bariatric surgery.
- (2008). cAMP/PKA Exerts Differential Effects on GRIP1- and PGC-1α-Mediated HNF-4α Transcriptional Activity in HepG2 and COS-1 Cells.
- (2008). cAMP Regulates Nuclear Receptor Coactivator GRIP1–Mediated Coactivation of HNF-4alpha in HepG2 Cells.
- (2007). Regulation of HNF-4alpha transcriptional activity by the coactivators GRIP1 and PGC-1alpha.
- (2022). The neutral amino acid transporter SLC7A10 in adipose tissue, obesity and insulin resistance. Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology. 10 sider.
- (2022). Metabolic and Epigenetic Regulation by Estrogen in Adipocytes. Frontiers in Endocrinology.
- (2011). Tissue-specific effects of bariatric surgery including mitochondrial function. International Journal of Obesity. 435245.
- (2017). Nutrition, health and chronic diseases. Indremedisineren. 16-18.
Drug/nutrition - gene interactions
Adipocyte genes and energy metabolism
Adipose tissue function and type 2 diabetes
+47 55 57 64 07
+47 94 30 86 37