I am a physical oceanographer working mostly with observations from high latitudes.
My main research interests are slope current systems in the Iceland Sea transporting dense overflow water and their dynamics. I have also worked with tidal currents and their seasonal enhancement by continental shelf waves in Antarctica.
Zhao, J., Yang, J., Semper, S., Pickart, R.S., Våge, K., Valdimarsson, H., Jónsson, S. (2018): A numerical study of interannual variability in the North Icelandic Irminger Current, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 123, doi:10.1029/2018JC013800.
RICE Community (2018): The Ross Sea Dipole – temperature, snow accumulation and seaice variability in the Ross Sea region, Antarctica, over the past 2700 years, Climate of the Past, 14 (2), 193, doi:10.5194/cp-14-193-2018.
Pyne, R., Keller, E., Canessa, S., Bertler, N., Pyne, A., Mandeno, D., Vallelonga, P., Semper, S., Kjær, H., Hutchinson, E., Baisden, T. (2018): A Novel Approach to Process Brittle Ice for Continuous Flow Analysis of Stable Water Isotopes, Journal of Glaciology 64, 244, 289–99. doi:10.1017/jog.2018.19.
Semper, S. and Darelius, E. (2017): Seasonal resonance of diurnal coastal trapped waves in the southern Weddell Sea, Antarctica, Ocean Science, 13(1), 77-93, doi:10.5194/os-13-77-2017.
- 2018. The Ross Sea Dipole-temperature, snow accumulation and sea ice variability in the Ross Sea region, Antarctica, over the past 2700 years. Climate of the Past. 14: 193-214. doi: 10.5194/cp-14-193-2018
- 2018. A Numerical Study of Interannual Variability in the North Icelandic Irminger Current. Journal of Geophysical Research - Oceans. doi: 10.1029/2018JC013800
- 2017. Seasonal resonance of diurnal coastal trapped waves in the southern Weddell Sea, Antarctica. Ocean Science. 13: 77-93. doi: 10.5194/os-13-77-2017
- 2016. Seasonal resonance of diurnal continental shelf waves in the southern Weddell Sea, Antarctica. Ocean Science Discussions (OSD). doi: 10.5194/os-2016-36
- B.Sc. Physics of the Earth: Meteorology - Oceanography - Geophysics
University of Kiel, Germany, 2013
- M.Sc. Climate Dynamics (Meteorology and Oceanography)
University of Bergen, Norway, 2015