I am a physical oceanographer working mostly with observations from high latitudes.
My main research interests are slope current systems in the Iceland Sea transporting dense overflow water and their dynamics. I have also worked with tidal currents and their seasonal enhancement by continental shelf waves in Antarctica.
Renfrew, I.A. and 65 others (2019): The Iceland Greenland Seas Project, Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 100, 1795–1817, https://doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-18-0217.1.
Semper, S., Våge, K., Pickart, R.S., Valdimarsson, H., Torres, D.J., and Jónsson, S. (2019): The emergence of the North Icelandic Jet and its evolution from northeast Iceland to Denmark Strait, Journal of Physical Oceanography, 49, 2499-2521, https://doi.org/10.1175/JPO-D-19-0088.1.
Zhao, J., Yang, J., Semper, S., Pickart, R.S., Våge, K., Valdimarsson, H., Jónsson, S. (2018): A numerical study of interannual variability in the North Icelandic Irminger Current, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 123, https://doi.org/10.1029/2018JC013800.
Bertler, N.A.N. and 70 others (2018): The Ross Sea Dipole – temperature, snow accumulation and seaice variability in the Ross Sea region, Antarctica, over the past 2700 years, Climate of the Past, 14 (2), 193, https://doi.org/10.5194/cp-14-193-2018.
Pyne, R., Keller, E., Canessa, S., Bertler, N., Pyne, A., Mandeno, D., Vallelonga, P., Semper, S., Kjær, H., Hutchinson, E., Baisden, T. (2018): A Novel Approach to Process Brittle Ice for Continuous Flow Analysis of Stable Water Isotopes, Journal of Glaciology, 64, 244, 289–99, https://doi.org/10.1017/jog.2018.19.
Semper, S. and Darelius, E. (2017): Seasonal resonance of diurnal coastal trapped waves in the southern Weddell Sea, Antarctica, Ocean Science, 13(1), 77-93, https://doi.org/10.5194/os-13-77-2017.
- 2019. The Iceland Greenland seas project. Bulletin of The American Meteorological Society - (BAMS). 100: 1795-1817. doi: 10.1175/BAMS-D-18-0217.1
- 2019. The Emergence of the North Icelandic Jet and Its Evolution from Northeast Iceland to Denmark Strait. Journal of Physical Oceanography. 49: 2499-2521. doi: https://doi.org/10.1175/JPO-D-19-0088.1
- 2018. The Ross Sea Dipole-temperature, snow accumulation and sea ice variability in the Ross Sea region, Antarctica, over the past 2700 years. Climate of the Past. 14: 193-214. doi: 10.5194/cp-14-193-2018
- 2018. A Numerical Study of Interannual Variability in the North Icelandic Irminger Current. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Oceans. doi: 10.1029/2018JC013800
- 2017. Seasonal resonance of diurnal coastal trapped waves in the southern Weddell Sea, Antarctica. Ocean Science. 13: 77-93. doi: 10.5194/os-13-77-2017
- 2016. Seasonal resonance of diurnal continental shelf waves in the southern Weddell Sea, Antarctica. Ocean Science Discussions (OSD). doi: 10.5194/os-2016-36
- B.Sc. Physics of the Earth: Meteorology - Oceanography - Geophysics
University of Kiel, Germany, 2013
- M.Sc. Climate Dynamics (Meteorology and Oceanography)
University of Bergen, Norway, 2015