Field of Research: Cancer biomarkers in metastatic breast cancer.
Metastasis in breast cancer is the common cause of death in women world wide. The identification of specific biomarkers that could identify certain subgroups of patient and predict the responce of these subgroups to specific type of therapy is quite important. We are focusing in Our Projects to identify certain predictive biomarkers that are associated with the metastatic type of breast cancer.
- 2020. AXL is a driver of stemness in normal mammary gland and breast cancer. iScience. 1-40.
- 2018. Impact of pre-diagnostic triglycerides and HDL-cholesterol on breast cancer recurrence and survival by breast cancer subtypes. BMC Cancer. 11 sider.
- 2017. Microvascular proliferation is associated with aggressive tumour features and reduced survival in lung adenocarcinoma. The journal of pathology. Clinical research. 249-257.
- 2017. Extra-nodal extension is a significant prognostic factor in lymph node positive breast cancer. PLOS ONE. 1-15.
- 2017. Associations between ABO blood groups and pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: influence on resection status and survival. Cancer Medicine. 1531-1540.
- 2016. Evaluation of Tumor Cell Proliferation by Ki-67 Expression and Mitotic Count in Lymph Node Metastases from Breast Cancer. PLOS ONE.
- 2014. Evaluation of Ki67 expression across distinct categories of breast cancer specimens: A Population-based study of matched surgical specimens, core needle biopsies and tissue microarrays. PLOS ONE.
- 2017. Biological and clinico-pathologic markers in breast cancer. With focus on histologic features, markers of proliferation and angiogenesis.
Knutsvik G, Stefansson IM, Aziz S, Arnes J, Eide J, Collett K, Akslen LA (2014) Evaluation of Ki67 Expression across Distinct Categories of Breast Cancer Specimens: A Population-Based Study of Matched Surgical Specimens, Core Needle Biopsies and Tissue Microarrays. PloS one 9:e112121. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0112121