Førsteamanuensis, Associate professor, MD, PhD
- Telefon+47 971 97 288
- BesøksadresseHaukeland universitetssykehus, Laboratoriebygget5009 Bergen
- PostadressePostboks 78045020 Bergen
Clinical and epidemiological lung research.
Fields of particular interest: Obstructive lung disease (asthma and COPD), sleep related respiratory disorders, respiratory failure.
- (2022). The lower airways microbiota and antimicrobial peptides indicate dysbiosis in sarcoidosis. Microbiome. 11 sider.
- (2022). The lower airways microbiome and antimicrobial peptides in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis differ from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease . PLOS ONE.
- (2022). Clinical information predicting severe obstructive sleep apnea: A cross-sectional study of patients waiting for sleep diagnostics. Respiratory Medicine.
- (2022). Characterization of patients in the International Severe Asthma Registry with high steroid exposure who did or did not initiate biologic therapy. Journal of Asthma and Allergy. 1491-1510.
- (2022). Characteristics of hypertension and arterial stiffness in obstructive sleep apnea: A Scandinavian experience from a prospective study of 6408 normotensive and hypertensive patients. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension. 385-394.
- (2022). Association of Excessive Sleepiness, Pathological Fatigue, Depression, and Anxiety With Different Severity Levels of Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-8.
- (2021). Partner perceptions are associated with objective sensor-measured adherence to oral appliance therapy in obstructive sleep apnea. Journal of Sleep Research.
- (2021). Effect of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure on Symptoms and Prevalence of Insomnia in Patients With Obstructive Sleep Apnea: A Longitudinal Study. Frontiers in Psychology. 10 sider.
- (2020). NORDSTAR: paving the way for a new era in asthma research. European Respiratory Journal. 7 sider.
- (2020). Effect of continuous positive airway pressure on symptoms of anxiety and depression in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep and Breathing. 1-7.
- (2020). Complications and discomfort after research bronchoscopy in the MicroCOPD study. BMJ Open Respiratory Research.
- (2020). Acoustic pharyngometry - A new method to facilitate oral appliance therapy. Journal of Oral Rehabilitation. 1-13.
- (2019). Motivation and response rates in bronchoscopy studies. Multidisciplinary Respiratory Medicine. 1-9.
- (2019). Health-related quality of life as predictor for mortality in patients treated with long-term mechanical ventilation. BMC Pulmonary Medicine. 1-12.
- (2019). A randomized trial to determine the impact of indacaterol/glycopyrronium on nighttime oxygenation and symptoms in patients with moderate-to-severe COPD: The DuoSleep study. The International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 199-210.
- (2018). Sammenhengen mellom ulike somatiske sykdommer og alvorlighetsgraden av obstruktiv søvnapné. PLOS ONE. 1-12.
- (2018). Prevalence of parasomnias in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. A registry-based cross-sectional study. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-7.
- (2018). No effect of a self-help book for insomnia in patients with obstructive sleep apnea and comorbid chronic insomnia – a randomized controlled trial. Frontiers in Psychology. 2413.
- (2018). Increased severity of obstructive sleep apnea is associated with less anxiety and depression. Journal of Sleep Research.
- (2018). Akustisk pharyngometri for bedre resultat av behandling med søvnapnéskinner. Den norske tannlegeforenings tidende. 264-267.
- (2017). Reliability of an adherence monitoring sensor embedded in an oral appliance used for treatment of obstructive sleep apnea. Journal of Oral Rehabilitation. 110-115.
- (2017). Protected sampling is preferable in bronchoscopic studies of the airway microbiome. European Respiratory Journal Open Research (ERJ Open Research).
- (2017). Oral appliance treatment outcome can be predicted by continuous positive airway pressure in moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep and Breathing. 1-8.
- (2017). Lungefunksjon som risikofaktor for osteoporose og hoftebrudd. Best Practice.
- (2017). Factors associated with change in health-related quality of life among individuals treated with long-term mechanical ventilation, a 6-year follow-up study. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 651-665.
- (2017). A pilot study of hot-wire, ultrasonic and wedge-bellows spirometer inter- and intra-variability. BMC Research Notes.
- (2016). The effect of surgical and non-surgical weight loss on N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide and its relation to obstructive sleep apnea and pulmonary function. BMC Research Notes. 8 sider.
- (2016). Oral appliance treatment in moderate and severe obstructive sleep apnoea patients non-adherent to CPAP. Journal of Oral Rehabilitation. 249-258.
- (2016). Associations between obstructive lung disease and symptoms of obstructive sleep apnoea in a general population. Clinical Respiratory Journal. 31-39.
- (2016). Airflow limitation as a risk factor for low bone mineral density and hip fracture. The Hordaland Health Study (HUSK) – 10 years follow-up of a general population. European Clinical Respiratory Journal. 8 sider.
- (2016). Airflow limitation as a risk factor for low bone mineral density and hip fracture. European Clinical Respiratory Journal.
- (2015). The Norwegian version of the Severe Respiratory Insufficiency Questionnaire. International Journal of Nursing Practice. 229-238.
- (2015). Rosuvastatin treatment in stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (RODEO): a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Internal Medicine. 59-67.
- (2015). Prevalence of excessive sleepiness is higher whereas insomnia is lower with greater severity of obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep and Breathing. 1387-1393.
- (2014). Prevalence and correlates of insomnia and excessive sleepiness in adults with obstructive sleep apnea symptoms. Perceptual and Motor Skills. 571-586.
- (2013). Electronic optional guidelines as a tool to improve the process of referring patients to specialized care: An intervention study. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care. 166-171.
- (2011). En kvinne med tilbakevendende arteriovenøse tromboser. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1303-1306.
- (2010). Prevalence and predictors of undiagnosed chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a Norwegian adult general population. Clinical Respiratory Journal. 13-21.
- (2008). Norwegian population surveys on respiratory health in adults: objectives, design, methods, quality controls and response rates. Clinical Respiratory Journal. 10-25.
- (2008). Clinical data discriminating between adults with positive and negative results on bronchodilator testing. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. 205-213.
- (2007). Bronchodilator response to adrenergic (beta) (2)-agonists: Relationship to symptoms in an adult community. Respiratory Medicine. 1183-1190.
- (2006). Post-bronchodilator spirometry reference values in adults and implications for disease management. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 1316-1325.
- (2006). Nordic physician's management of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respiratory Medicine. S31-S37.
- (2006). Bronchodilator reversibility testing in an adult general population; the importance of smoking and anthropometrical variables on the response to a beta(2)-agonist. Pulmonary Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 272-280.
- (2004). Factors determining performance of bronchodilator reversibility tests in middle-aged and elderly. Respiratory Medicine. 1071-1079.
- (2014). Søvnforstyrrelser.
- (2014). Effect Of Rosuvastatin Treatment In Stable COPD (RODEO) .
- (2014). Oral appliance for sleep apnea. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1030-1031.
- (2007). Defining the lower limit of normal for FEV1/FVC - From the authors. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 101-102.
- (2005). Behandling av obstruktiv søvnapné. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 199.
- (2018). Stor interesse for odontologisk søvnmedisin og søvnapné i Norge. Den norske tannlegeforenings tidende. 202-204.
- (2008). Adrenergic bronchodilator test in community. Applicability and relationship to anthropometrical variables, smoking, respiratory symptoms, and lung function.
- (2013). Anxiety and depression in obstructive lung disease: A population-based observational study (The Hordaland Health Study(HUSK)).
- (2012). Daytime respiratory symptoms are associated with obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome. Journal of Sleep Research. 229-230.
- (2017). Health related quality of life in patients treated with long-term mechanical ventilation.
- (2005). Strategy for selecting a spirometric reference population.
- (2014). Skinnebehandling mot søvapne. Den norske tannlegeforenings tidende. 637-639.
- (2022). Cardiovascular remodeling in obstructive sleep apnea: focus on arterial stiffness, left ventricular geometry and atrial fibrillation. Expert Review of Cardiovascular Therapy. 455-464.
- (2018). Nordic consensus statement on the systematic assessment and management of possible severe asthma in adults. European Clinical Respiratory Journal. 1-20.
- (2022). Alvorlig astma. Indremedisineren.
- (2014). Skinnebehandling mot søvnapnè. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1030-1031.