I hold a PhD in Criminal Law from Lund University and currently work as a Postdoc in the DIMENSIONS project, which is a five-year project on criminal insanity and psychosis: https://www.uib.no/en/dimensions.
My main research focus is the concepts and ideas of criminal responsibility and the interface between law and philosophy, forensic psychology and psychiatry.
In my doctoral dissertation I explored the attribution of criminal responsibility in cases where the defendant committed the act during an atypical mental state, such as psychosis. The project included a doctrinal analysis of Swedish criminal law, as well as an empirical study of court verdicts and forensic psychiatric expert reports. The main objective was to assertain how requirements of criminal responsibility are conceptualised in relation to mental disorder in the Swedish legal system which has abolished the insanity defence.
- (2022). Straffansvar vid atypiska sinnestillstånd - teori, praktik och forskningsmetodik.
- (2022). An Integrated Model in Action: How Swedish Criminal Law Operates Without an Insanity Defense.
- (2021). Legal empirical analysis.
- (2022). En spaning om skuld. 24 sider.
- (2022). Criminal Law.
- (2022). A Swedish Perspective.