- (2022). “Your heart keeps bleeding”: lived experiences of parents with a perinatal death in Northern Uganda. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 13 sider.
- (2022). Umbilical Cord Stump Infections in Central Uganda: Incidence, Bacteriological Profile, and Risk Factors. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). 13 sider.
- (2022). Randomized controlled trial of early, small-volume formula supplementation among newborns: A study protocol. PLOS ONE.
- (2022). Incidence and risk factors for low birthweight and preterm birth in post-conflict northern Uganda: A community-based cohort study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). 1-13.
- (2021). Vaginal colonization with antimicrobial-resistant bacteria among women in labor in central Uganda: prevalence and associated factors. Antimicrobial Resistance and Infection Control. 11 sider.
- (2021). Perinatal death in Northern Uganda: incidence and risk factors in a community-based prospective cohort study. Global health action. 1-8.
- (2021). Neonatal hypothermia in northern uganda: A community-based cross-sectional study. BMJ Open.
- (2021). Incidence and determinants of perinatal mortality among women with obstructed labour in eastern Uganda: a prospective cohort study. Maternal Health, Neonatology and Perinatology.
- (2021). Effect of pre-operative bicarbonate infusion on maternal and perinatal outcomes among women with obstructed labour in Mbale hospital: A double blind randomized controlled trial. PLOS ONE. 1-15.
- (2020). “The cord is the child”: meanings and practices related to umbilical cord care in Central Uganda. BMC Pediatrics. 1-9.
- (2020). “I feel good when I drink”—detecting childhood-onset alcohol abuse and dependence in a Ugandan community trial cohort. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health (CAPMH). 1-8.
- (2020). Vaginal colonisation of women in labour with potentially pathogenic bacteria: A cross sectional study at three primary health care facilities in Central Uganda. BMC Infectious Diseases. 1-10.
- (2020). Risk factors for obstructed labour in Eastern Uganda: A case control study. PLOS ONE. 1-14.
- (2020). Prevalence and predictors for unintended pregnancy among HIV-infected pregnant women in Lira, Northern Uganda: a cross-sectional study. Scientific Reports.
- (2020). Prevalence and factors associated with neonatal hypoglycemia in Northern Uganda: a community-based cross-sectional study. Tropical Medicine and Health.
- (2020). Perinatal death triples the prevalence of postpartum depression among women in Northern Uganda: A community-based crosssectional study. PLOS ONE. 1-14.
- (2020). Neonatal sepsis at Mulago national referral hospital in Uganda: Etiology, antimicrobial resistance, associated factors and case fatality risk. PLOS ONE.
- (2020). Intimate partner violence among pregnant teenagers in Lira district, northern Uganda: a cross-sectional study. AFRICAN Journal of Midwifery and Women’s Health.
- (2020). Adding video-debriefing to Helping-Babies-Breathe training enhanced retention of neonatal resuscitation knowledge and skills among health workers in Uganda: a cluster randomized trial. Global health action.
- (2020). "If I have money, I cannot allow my baby to breastfeed only …" barriers and facilitators to scale-up of peer counselling for exclusive breastfeeding in Uganda. International Breastfeeding Journal. 12 sider.
- (2019). Key decision makers and actors in selected newborn care practices: A community-based survey in northern Uganda. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH).
- (2019). Inequity in utilization of health care facilities during childbirth: a community-based survey in post-conflict Northern Uganda. Journal of Public Health (Berlin). 1-9.
- (2019). Effects of complementary feeding on attained height among lower primary school-aged children in Eastern Uganda: A nested prospective cohort study. PLOS ONE. 1-17.
- (2019). A usability design checklist for Mobile electronic data capturing forms: the validation process. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making. 1-11.
- (2018). Factors associated with delayed initiation of breastfeeding: A cross-sectional study in South Sudan. International Breastfeeding Journal. 1-7.
- (2018). Exclusive breastfeeding promotion and neuropsychological outcomes in 5-8 year old children from Uganda and Burkina Faso: Results from the PROMISE EBF cluster randomized trial. PLOS ONE. 1-17.
- (2018). Effects of schooling on aspects of attention in rural Burkina Faso, West Africa. PLOS ONE.
- (2018). Association between stunting and neuro-psychological outcomes among children in Burkina Faso, West Africa. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health (CAPMH).
- (2018). "We shall count it as a part of kyogero": acceptability and considerations for scale up of single dose chlorhexidine for umbilical cord care in Central Uganda. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth.
- (2017). Usability in mobile electronic data collection tools: Form developers' views. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. 72-75.
- (2017). Rapid reduction of malaria following introduction of vector control interventions in Tororo District, Uganda: a descriptive study. Malaria Journal.
- (2017). Maternal alcohol consumption during pregnancy and child's cognitive performance at 6-8 years of age in rural Burkina Faso: An observational study. PeerJ.
- (2017). Factors associated with delayed initiation of breastfeeding: a survey in Northern Uganda. Global health action.
- (2017). Efficacy of umbilical cord cleansing with a single application of 4% chlorhexidine for the prevention of newborn infections in Uganda: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-9.
- (2017). Early versus late BCG vaccination in HIV-1-exposed infants in Uganda: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-17.
- (2017). Assessing causal effects of early life course factors on early childhood caries in 5-year-old Ugandan children using Direct acyclic graphs (DAGs): A prospåective cohort study. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology. 512-521.
- (2016). eRegistries: indicators for the WHO Essential Interventions for reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 14 sider.
- (2016). eRegistries: Electronic registries for maternal and child health. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 15 sider.
- (2016). Effects of an exclusive breastfeeding intervention for six months on growth patterns of 4-5 year old children in Uganda: The cluster-randomised PROMISE EBF trial. BMC Public Health. 9 sider.
- (2016). Caretaker's caries experience and its association with early childhood caries and children's oral Health related quality of life: a prospective two generation study. Acta Odontologica Scandinavica. 605-612.
- (2015). Effect of breastfeeding promotion on early childhood caries and breastfeeding duration among 5 year old children in Eastern Uganda: A cluster randomized trial. PLOS ONE.
- (2015). Cost-effectiveness of peer counselling for the promotion of exclusive breastfeeding in Uganda. PLOS ONE. 18 sider.
- (2015). Child survival and BCG vaccination: A community based prospective cohort study in Uganda. BMC Public Health. 10 sider.
- (2014). Early infant feeding practices in three African countries: the PROMISE-EBF trial promoting exclusive breastfeeding by peer counsellors. International Breastfeeding Journal. 19.
- (2011). Perinatal mortality in Eastern Uganda: A community based prospective cohort study. PLOS ONE. 7 sider.
- (2011). Malaria Parasitaemia among Infants and Its Association with Breastfeeding Peer Counselling and Vitamin A Supplementation: A Secondary Analysis of a Cluster Randomized Trial. PLOS ONE. 8 sider.
- (2011). Is vaccination coverage a good indicator of age-appropriate vaccination? A prospective study from Uganda. Vaccine. 3564-3570.
- (2011). Exclusive breastfeeding promotion by peer counsellors in sub-Saharan Africa (PROMISE-EBF): a cluster-randomised trial. The Lancet. 420-427.
Brev til redaktøren
- (2020). SARS-CoV-2 infection in pregnant women and their newborns. Annals of Global Health. 1-3.
- (2011). Child health in a Ugandan cohort: Studies on survival, vaccination and malaria.
- (2017). Intervention studies to improve infant health and survival.
- (2012). High perinatal mortality in Burkina Faso and Uganda. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. 138-138.
- (2011). Prevalence of malaria parasitaemia among infants in Uganda and its association with breastfeeding, peer counselling and vitamin a supplementation. Tropical medicine & international health. 97-97.
- (2017). Willingness to pay for a single dose 7.1% chlorhexidine digluconate solution for umbilical cord care in central Uganda: a contingency valuation study.
- (2017). We shall count it as a part of kyogero?. Acceptability of single dose 7.1% chlorhexidine di-gluconate solution for umbilical cord care among women in Kampala and Mukono district, central Uganda: A qualitative study.
- (2017). Microbial colonization of Ugandan women in labor.
- (2017). Implementing Mobile Electronic Data Capture Forms in community and facility based health studies in Uganda: the start-up process.
- (2015). Too many drinking too much too early? Alcohol use in middle childhood among Ugandan children.
- (2015). Too many drinking too much too early? Alcohol use in middle childhood among Ugandan children.
- (2015). Early lifecourse predictors of Early Childhood Caries in Eastern Uganda.
- (2015). Are mental health problems in children being neglected? Preliminary results from SeeTheChild – Mental Child Health in Uganda.
- (2014). Breastfeeding promotion and early childhood caries (ECC) in eastern Uganda.
- (2012). Promotion of exclusive breastfeeding by peer-counsellors in Sub-Saharan Africa: Anthropometric outcomes from the cluster randomised PROMISE EBF TRIAL.
- (2012). Is promotion of exclusive breastfeeding safe in sub-Saharan Africa with respect to child growth? Results form the cluster-randomised PROMISE EBF-trial.
- (2021). Correction to: Inequity in utilization of health care facilities during childbirth: a community-based survey in post-conflict Northern Uganda (Journal of Public Health, (2021), 29, 1, (229-237), 10.1007/s10389-019-01114-z). Journal of Public Health (Berlin). 479-480.
- (2013). Basic Concepts in Epidemiology . . I:
- (2013). Epidemiology: Principles and Practical Guidelines. Springer.