The NorProteomics consortium is a FUGE funded network of proteomics laboratories that aim to improve and disseminate proteomics expertise throughout Norway via collaborative projects and courses.
The mission of NorProteomics is to improve and disseminate proteomics expertise throughout Norway via collaborative projects and courses.
The Consortium partners comprising the NorProteomics consortium will work together to:
- improve and develop the knowledge of and technical abilities in proteomics and related technologies amongst the partners
- maximize the transfer of knowledge and technical abilities for the benefit of the scientific community and other users/customers in Norway.
Our vision is to use this knowledge and these abilities to produce high quality research in functional genomics and support existing programs with proteomics expertise.
The NorProteomics network consists of:
- Proteomics Unit UiB (PROBE) University of Bergen
- The Protein Engineering Group (PEP) University of Life Sciences at Ås
- The Biotechnology Center of Oslo University of Oslo
- Tromsø University Proteomics Platform (TUPP) University of Tromsø
- The Proteomics Core Facility (PCF) Oslo University Hospital-Rikshospitalet
- The Proteomics and Metabolomics Core Facility (PROMEC) NTNU
- Center for Organelle Research (CORE) University of Stavanger
- International Research Institute of Stavanger (IRIS)
NorProteomics follows a simple policy regarding the division between service and collaboration. The former entails work performed in its entirety by technical staff without the involvement of the facility`s scientific staff. Collaboration entails cases in which the competencies of the scientific staff is needed and these contribute actively towards solving the research questions.