Mendeley Workshop on Zoom
Introduction to Mendeley
Mendeley is a desktop and web program produced by Elsevier for managing and sharing research papers, discovering research data and collaborating online. It combines Mendeley Desktop, a PDF and reference management application (available for Windows, macOS and Linux) and Mendeley for Android and iOS, with Mendeley Web, an online social network for researchers.
Mendeley is available either as a premium payable version or a basic version that is free but requires registration.
- Automatic extraction of metadata from PDF papers.
- Back-up and synchronization across multiple computers and with a private online account.
- PDF viewer with sticky notes, text highlighting and full-screen reading.
- Full-text search across papers.
- Smart filtering, tagging and automatic PDF file renaming.
- Citations and bibliographies in Microsoft Word, OpenOffice.org, and LibreOffice.
- Import of documents and research papers from external websites (e.g., PubMed, Google Scholar, Arxiv) via browser bookmarklet.
- BibTeX export/file sync.
- Private groups to collaboratively tag and annotate research papers.
- Public groups to share reading lists.
- Social networking features (newsfeeds, comments, profile pages, etc.).
- Usage-based readership statistics about papers, authors and publications.
Third-party tools allow the migration of content.