Ting å gjøre i Arboretet og Botanisk hage
There are many opportunities for outdoor activities in the Arboretum and Botanical Gardens all year round
The Arboretum and Botanical Gardens are not just plant collections. There are hiking routes, nature trails, and an adventure playground. At Grønevika and Sandholna there are good swimming areas run by the Bergen and Omland outdoor councils.
Blondehuset with its historic garden is a popular gathering place for visitors to the Arboretum. In the summer season there is a cafe on the weekends. There are regular themed events at all three gardens throughout the year*.
Visitor information brochures
The main brochure is available as pdf in Norwegian, English, German, and French. Brochures have been placed in post boxes at central locations in the Arboretum and Botanical Garden. Those in German and French are available from the boxes at Dalsmyra and the southern entrance of the Botanical Garden. A brochure for the Japanese Garden is available from a box close to the garden's entrance. Guided tours can also be arranged.
Our programme of events has been suspended - please follow our announcements (home page, social media, society of friends correspondence) for updates.
Help us limit spread of the corona virus in the gardens
To make it safer to visit the gardens, we have a few requests for our visitors:
- If you suspect that you are infected with the corona virus, please stay at home
- Keep the currently recommended distance from other visitors and our staff in the garden
- Remember hand and coughing hygiene
- Walk on the right side of the trails
- Take a walk when fewer people are out
- Try alternative hiking trails
- Show consideration for the plants in the garden