ERC - European Research Council
Starting, Consolidator, Advanced and Synergy Grant, Proof of Concept grant
The European Research Council (ERC) funds frontier research. ERC projects should be novel and groundbreaking with a significant element of risk, conducted by excellent Principal Investigators (PIs) and their teams.
NEW FRAMEWORK PROGRAM HORIZON EUROPE DEADLINES
Starting Grant 2022 deadline January 13th 2022
Consolidator Grant 2022 deadline March 17th 2022
Advanced Grant 2022 deadline August 31st 2021 for 2022: deadline April 28th 2022
Synergy Grants 2022 (!) NB deadline in 2021: 10.11.2021
Proof of concept 2022 deadlines 14.10.2021 (!) and 15.2., 19.5., 29.9.2022
READ FUNDED PROPOSALS?
Come to our reading day in collaboration with the ResearchCouncil of Norway 3.11.2021
Christies gate 12
2 sessions, session 1 from 10.15-13.00
session 2 from 13.13-16.00
Fell free to read, but you cannot photograph or copy the proposals.
Please check the grant information sites below to find out more.
- Starting-Grants (2-7 years after PhD)
- Consolidator Grants (7-12 years after PhD)
- Advanced-Grants (PIs with long experience)
- Synergy Grants (a team of 2-4 PIs)
-Was your CV affected by the pandemic? In the context of the Covid-19 outbreak, applicants may mention in their research proposal
(Curriculum Vitae) any specific situation caused by the pandemic that had a negative impact on their CV or track record.
-The ERC has signed the DORA declaration and offers that each applicant may include in their track record a short narrative description of the scientific importance of their research outputs describing the role that the Principal Investigator played in their production.
Not successful this time?
The Research Council of Norway offers stipends for PIs who reached round 2, but did not succeed, to improve their applications. A new ERC proposal must be sent within the next two relevant ERC deadlines following the RCN grant. Read more on RCNs webpages.
- Proof of Concept (PoC) grant: This is a stipend to explore if parts of an ongoing ERC project (or a project that ended up to 12 months ago) can lead to technical and/or social innovation. The focus is on exploitation potential and the necessary steps to exploitation and it is now possible to include research activities. The stipends are up to 150.000 € for projects that will last 12-18 months. There are three deadlines per year. PoCs are now paid as lump sums, contact your adviser to receive help on what this means in practical terms.
Please contact Anja Hegen for any further questions about ERC.