ERC - European Research Council
Starting, Consolidator, Advanced and Synergy Grant, Proof of Concept grant
The European Research Council (ERC) funds frontier research. ERC projects should be novel and groundbreaking with a significant element of risk, conducted by excellent Principal Investigators (PIs) and their teams.
HORIZON EUROPE DEADLINES
- Synergy Grants 2023 (!) NB deadline in 2022: 8.11.2022
- Consolidator Grants 2023: 2.2.2023
- Advanced Grants 2023: 23.5.2023
- Proof of concept: 24.1.+20.4.+14.9.2023
- Starting Grants: deadline TBA
UiB support for ERC applications.
The date of your PhD defense is used to determine elligibility. Please check the different grant information sites below to learn more about the grant that fits for you:
- Starting-Grants (2-7 years after PhD)
- Consolidator Grants (7-12 years after PhD)
- Advanced-Grants (experienced PI)
- Synergy Grants (a team of 2-4 PIs)
- Was your CV affected by the pandemic? In the context of the Covid-19 outbreak, applicants may mention in their research proposal (Curriculum Vitae) any specific situation caused by the pandemic that had a negative impact on their CV or track record.
- The ERC has signed the DORA declaration and offers that each applicant may include in their track record a short narrative description of the scientific importance of their research outputs describing the role that the Principal Investigator played in their production.
- Got to the second round, but not successful this time?
- The Research Council of Norway offers stipends for PIs who reached round 2, but did not succeed, to improve their applications. A new ERC proposal must be sent within the next two relevant ERC deadlines following the RCN grant. Read more on RCNs webpages.
Proof of Concept (PoC) grant: This is a stipend to explore if parts of an ongoing ERC project (or a project that ended up to 12 months ago) can lead to technical and/or social innovation. The focus is on exploitation potential and the necessary steps to exploitation and it is now possible to include research activities. The stipends are up to 150.000 € for projects that will last 12-18 months. There are three deadlines per year. PoCs are paid as lump sums, contact your adviser to receive help on what this means in practical terms.
Video about PoC by ERC employees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_WAkrKgWKs&list=PLtv6FnsXqnXAYRk6HCErwMxwML0ZKoMcy&index=7
Please contact Katie Anders for any further questions about ERC.
ERC Starting Grant
The 2022 Starting Grant proposals are currently evaluated, the 2023 deadline is 25th of October 2022 (!)
ERC Consolidator Grant
Proposals to the 2022 deadline are currently evaluated and the 2023 deadline is set to February 2nd 2023.
Horisont2020 samleside økonomi og administrasjon
På denne siden finner du informasjon om økonomi og administrasjon av H2020 prosjekt. Maler og skjemaer finnes under de ulike sidene og disse vil også bli samlet i BOA dokumentbank. ...