Current and previous projects:
- Aquafeed Technology Centre. NFR. Infrastructure.
Biodiversity and biotechnological potential of Archaea from Bulgarian hot springs. BG09 Programme. EEA Scholarships Fund (more info here).
NeoSaxitoxin - Production of Neosaxitoxin using Genetic Methods. NFR - BIOTEK2021
Integrative analysis of extremophiles in search for new biotechnological solutions. NILS Science and Sustainability (ES07). EEA Grant.
THERMOGENE - Novel thermostable enzymes for industrial biotechnology. NFR/ERA-NET Industrial Biotechnology project
- Biohydrogen production from organic waste using thermophilic bacteria in high-temperature fermentations (Thai Research Fund)
- Cooperation with Armenia in microbiology of extreme environments. SIU/UD. 1.8 mill NOK
- Center for Geobiology (SFF, partner)
- Biological methane oxidation by methanotrophic Verrucomicrobia under hot and acidic conditions; evolution of an ancient metabolic trait. NFR (FRIMEDBIO), 3.5 mill NOK.
- Is methane oxidation an ancient metabolic trait? (CGB, more info)
- Subsurface metagenomics, functional microbial diversity analysis and gene discovery in deep and hot petroleum reservoirs (VISTA, more info)
- Metagenomics and gene discovery in Antarctic terrestrial habitats (NFR, more info)
- The Nordic Archaea Network (NordForsk, more info)
- Assessment of microbial pollution and diversity of Escherichia coli and Shigella in freshwater resources in Bangladesh (NUFU, more info)
- Mikrobiell studie for Morvin/Kristin korallrev (STATOIL, more info)
- Silicon Cell Model for the central carbohydrate metabolism of the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus under temperature variation (SysMo, more info)