- 2019. Unclear associations between small pelagic fish and jellyfish in several major marine ecosystems. Scientific Reports. 1-12.
- 2019. Preparing for the future: Integrating spatial ecology into ecosystem-based management. ICES Journal of Marine Science. 467-476.
- 2019. Herding mesopelagic fish by light. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 225-231.
- 2019. Dying from the lesser of three evils: facilitation and non-consumptive effects emerge in a model with multiple predators. Oikos. 1-11.
- 2019. Centennial decline in North Sea water clarity causes strong delay in phytoplankton bloom timing. Global Change Biology. 3946-3953.
- 2018. Caught in broad daylight: Topographic constraints of zooplankton depth distributions. Limnology and Oceanography. 849-859.
- 2017. Coupling survey data with drift model results suggests that local spawning is important for Calanus finmarchicus production in the Barents Sea. Journal of Marine Systems. 69-76.
- 2015. Optimality and rule-based models for larval fish behavior. Vie et milieu (1980). 115-120.
- 2015. Long-term change in a behavioural trait: truncated spawning distribution and demography in Northeast Arctic cod. Global Change Biology. 1521-1530.
- 2015. Effects of temperature and food availability on larval cod survival: A model for behaviour in vertical gradients. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 199-212.
- 2014. Making use of Johan Hjort's "unknown" legacy: Reconstruction of a 150-year coastal time-series on northeast Arctic cod (Gadus morhua) liver data reveals long-term trends in energy allocation patterns. ICES Journal of Marine Science. 2053-2063.
- 2014. Can behavioural ecology unite hypotheses for fish recruitment? ICES Journal of Marine Science. 909-917.
- 2011. Parental migration, climate and thermal exposure of larvae: spawning in southern regions gives Northeast Arctic cod a warm start. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 255-262.
- 2010. Fisheries change spawning ground distribution of northeast Arctic cod. Biology Letters. 261-264.
- 2009. Fisheries change spawning ground distribution of northeast Arctic cod. Biological Letters.
- 2008. The evolution of spawning migrations: State dependence and fishing-induced changes. Ecology. 3436-3448.
- 2008. Relationships between spawning ground identity, latitude and early life thermal exposure in Northeast Arctic cod. Journal of Northwest Atlantic Fishery Science. 13-22.
- 2008. Distribution, identity, and possible processes sustaining meso- and bathypelagic scattering layers on the northern Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Deep-sea research. Part II, Topical studies in oceanography. 45-58.
- 2013. Sognefjorden – en oppsummering av litteratur og kunnskapsstatus om fjordøkologi og vannkraftutbygging. Kunnskapsinnhenting. .
- 2019. Pre-programmed or flexible? Lab and field studies don't add up and suggest strong individual influence on spawning time in Atlantic cod.
- 2019. Bathymetry structures predator-prey dynamics between zooplankton and fish in marine pelagic ecosystems.
- 2016. Climate responses of Calanus finmarchicus in a high latitude system.
- 2014. Long-term stability in modelled zooplankton influx could uphold major fish spawning grounds on the Norwegian continental shelf.
- 2014. Long-term change in a behavioural trait: changed spawning locations and truncated demography in Northeast Arctic cod.
- 2014. Fish, jellyfish and Killing the Winner.
- 2013. Effects of temperature and food availability on larval cod survival: a model for behaviour in vertical gradients.
- 2013. Drivers and mechanisms of long-term changes in spawning ground usage of Northeast Arctic cod.
- 2012. The value of an egg. Southern spawning dampens effect of climate on recruitment in Northeast Arctic cod.
- 2012. Changes in migration patterns of Northeast arctic cod. Climate, demography or evolution.
- 2011. The value of an egg – spawning migrations in the Northeast Arctic cod.
- 2010. Spawning migrations in the northeast arctic cod: the shaping role of the industrial trawling fleet.
- 2010. Climate-linked effects on maturation and spawning of Atlantic cod and implications for fisheries.
- 2010. Det industrielle fiskeriets effekter neglisjeres av fiskeriforvaltningen. Et klimaspørsmål? Klassekampen.
- 2016. Response: Demography affects spawning location in Northeast Arctic cod, but what affects demography? Global Change Biology. 965-967.
- 2010. Dynamics of spawning migrations in Northeast Arctic cod.
- 2014. Energy allocation patterns associated with reproduction in Northeast Arctic gadoids.
Anders Frugård Opdal, Olav Rune Godø, Odd Aksel Bergstad and Øyvind Fiksen. 2008. Distribution, identity, and possible processes sustaining meso- and bathypelagic scattering layers on the northern Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Deep-Sea Research, Vol 55, 45-58.
Anders Frugård Opdal, Frode B. Vikebø and Øyvind Fiksen. 2008. Relationships Between Spawning Ground Identity, Latitude and Early Life Thermal Exposure in Northeast Arctic Cod. Journal of Northwest Atlantic Fisheries Science, Vol 41, 13-22.
Christian Jørgensen, Erin S. Dunlop, Anders Frugård Opdal and Øyvind Fiksen. 2008. The evolution of spawning migrations: state dependence and fishing-induced changes. Ecology, Vol 89, 3436–3448.
Anders Frugård Opdal. 2009. Fisheries change spawning ground distribution of northeast Arctic cod, Biology Letters.