Cognitive psychologist / neuroscientist with a passion for computational modelling and behavioral research. I’m interested in how we make sense of the world using visual perception as a model. How do we perceive things that have varying features, such as color or orientation, how do we decide which features belong to which object, and what do we do after we make such decisions?
- Chetverikov, A. (2023). Demixing model: A normative explanation for inter-item biases in memory and perception. bioRxiv. https://doi.org/10.1101/2023.03.26.534226
- Chetverikov, A., & Kristjansson, A. (2022). Probabilistic representations as building blocks for higher-level vision. Neurons, Behavior, Data Analysis, and Theory, 1–32. https://doi.org/10.51628/001c.24910
- Hansmann-Roth, S., Kristjánsson, Á., Whitney, D., & Chetverikov, A. (2021). Dissociating implicit and explicit ensemble representations reveals the limits of visual perception and the richness of behavior. Scientific Reports, 11, 3899. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-83358-y
- Rafiei, M., Hansmann-Roth, S., Whitney, D., Kristjánsson, Á., & Chetverikov, A. (2020). Optimizing perception: Attended and ignored stimuli create opposing perceptual biases. Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics, 64, 762. https://doi.org/10.3758/s13414-020-02030-1
- Chetverikov, A., Campana, G., & Kristjánsson, Á. (2020). Probabilistic rejection templates in visual working memory. Cognition, 196, 104075. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cognition.2019.104075
- Chetverikov, A., Hansmann-Roth, S., Tanrikulu, Ö. D., & Kristjánsson, Á. (2019). Feature Distribution Learning (FDL): A New Method for Studying Visual Ensembles Perception with Priming of Attention Shifts. In Neuromethods (pp. 1–21). Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/7657_2019_20
- Chetverikov, A., Campana, G., & Kristjánsson, Á. (2017). Representing Color Ensembles. Psychological Science, 28(10), 1–8. https://doi.org/10.1177/0956797617713787
- Chetverikov, A., & Kristjánsson, Á. (2016). On the joys of perceiving: Affect as feedback for perceptual predictions. Acta Psychologica, 169, 1–10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actpsy.2016.05.005
- Chetverikov, A., Campana, G., & Kristjánsson, Á. (2016). Building ensemble representations: How the shape of preceding distractor distributions affects visual search. Cognition, 153, 196–210. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cognition.2016.04.018
- Chetverikov, A. (2014). Warmth of familiarity and chill of error: Affective consequences of recognition decisions. Cognition & Emotion, 28(3), 385–415. https://doi.org/10.1080/02699931.2013.833085
- (2022). Probabilistic representations as building blocks for higher-level vision. Neurons, Behavior, Data analysis, and Theory.