Please read through these instructions before filling in the application form. You way change and update your application until the deadline.
Make sure you complete the two complementary parts of the application process.
Part one creates the application. Part two registers your application in the University of Bergen application system. No other forms of application will be accepted.
Below, you find the link to part one. When you successfully complete part one, you will get a confirmation email with a link to part two and instructions of how to proceed.
Please note that all participants are required to bring their own laptop.
The research school offers PhD candidates the opportunity to work together with internationally renowned scholars.
In order to participate, you need to have a good command of the English language. Full participation in the course-specific modules, reading of the provided literature prior to the research school, and participation in all plenary events is required.
You may take only one of the two parallel courses.
Upon acceptance, you will be asked to submit the following one week prior to starting your course:
- 2-3 pages outlining a Food/Water case from your home area that you would like to presentand discuss in class
- Max one page reflection on what you think that you bring into the course as your contribution to reflections, debates and added knowledge.
Participation at the MBRS will be credited with 5 ECTS by the University of Bergen under the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
You will have access to the electronic resources of the University of Bergen Library for six months from time of acceptance.
Before you start your application, please check that you have the required academic background. Only applicants who meet the requirements will be considered.
The courses are designed for PhD level and are open to:
- Candidates currently enrolled in a PhD programme
- Those who have recently completed their PhD, or are enrolled in a post-doc programme.
Create the application
Before you start the application process, make sure you have the following documents:
- Abstract of your ongoing research (maximum 250 words). Please outline main objectives, framework of the research, and method(s).
- Motivational letter (maximum 500 words) which should include:
- Your research interest in the topic of the course of interest
- Your expectations for the course
- What you hope to gain from attending BSRS
- Your CV and educational background
- Your current position
- Your highest achieved degree and from which institution
- Educational background (maximum 500 words)
- Work experience (maximum 500 words)
- Publications - up to ten publications, if any
- Your English proficiency, as it is the only language of instruction and communication
Upon submission, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions of how to continue to part two of your application. If you do not receive this confirmation within 24 hours, please check your spam/junk mail before contacting us at email@example.com
You may start the application, save it, and resume until the application deadline.
Register the application
Follow the instructions in the confirmation email you receive after you have submitted your application in part one, follow the instruction and the link provided.
In order to register your application at the University of Bergen, you need the following documents:
- The application (pdf), that you find attached to the confirmation email
- A scanned copy of your ID (e.g. passport/ identity card/ driving license)
- Transcript/diploma of your highest degree
- A letter of recommendation signed by your supervisor
- A letter verifying your qualifications and current position signed by the head of your institution/department
Please note that the two letters must be written on official stationary of your institution and stamped.
Your application is officially complete when:
- You have filled in your complete home/residential address
- You have selected a course(s)
- You have uploaded all the required documents
- You have received confirmation by email
You can change or update your application until 30 September 2022. We plan to complete the selection process by 20 October.