There has not been added a translated version of this content. You can either try searching or go to the "area" home page to see if you can find the information there
Study permit

Residence Permit for Studies

International students moving to Norway must apply for a residence permit for studies.


Residence permit and police registration

The procedures for student residence permit and police registration depends on your nationality:

EU/EEA citizens must register with the Police if staying in Norway for more than 3 months.  
Application procedures for EU/EEA/EFTA citizens

Non-EU/EEA/EFTA citizens must apply for a study permit  after receiving the Letter of Acceptance from the University of Bergen.
Application procedures for Non-EU/EEA/EFTA citizens


Nordic citizens do not need a study permit to study in Norway, but should register with the National Registry if living in Norway for more than 6 months.

Students staying in Norway for less than three months: You must check with the Norwegian authorithies, if you need to apply for a student permit. Vistors visas are only issued for up to 90 days and will not cover stays beyond this period.