NORD+ 2015 Nordic-Baltic Field Course
We have been invited to take part in NORD+15 field course in Estonia-Latvia 3rd-16th May. The field course is based in Pärnu, Estonia with excursion and field work in Western Estonia and Latvia.
In 2015 the focus will be on the role of second home owners and tourism in political and local development. From Bergen 3-5 geography master students (or last year BA-students) may participate together with 30 students from Nordic and Baltic countries.
The course have lectures, international group work in field (interviews), report writing and presentation of research results and evaluation. Students are trained in qualitative methods, international cooperation and use of translators.
- Students fulfilling the requirements of the course will be credited with 6 ECTS
- Travel and stay is coveded by the Nordic Council of Ministers
- Before the field course: 1 social gathering and 2 seminars
- 03/5: Arrival Tallinn & Riga
- 04/5: Visits to ministries and agencies responsible for regional development. Intro to Baltic countries
- 05/5: Student team formation, lectures
- 06/5: Preliminary work plan design
- 07 – 08/5: Excursion West Estonian Islands and coast and Latvian Coastal communities
- 10/5- 13/5: Fieldwork, start drafting reports
- 14/5 : Drafting reports
- 15/5: Finalizing presentation, evaluation 16/5 Departure
Do you want to participate?
If you are a master student, participation must be approved by your supervisor. The course will not be part of the courses in you plan, so you will do this as extra credits. Erasmus geography students in Bergen, are also welcome to attend.
There are a limited number of places. If you are interested, contact Arild Holt-Jensen for more information: Room 702, mobile 92292499, firstname.lastname@example.org