- Interaction in online courses
- Use of video in instruction
- Blended learning
- Race, privilege, and social justice
- (2021). The Covid-19 shutdown: when studying turns digital, students want more structure. Physics Education.
- (2020). An Open Source Solution for “Hands-on” teaching of PET/CT to Medical Students under the COVID-19 Pandemic. Nuklearmedizin. 10-15.
- (2020). An innovative approach to implementing and evaluatingformative assessment strategies in higher education: A Norwegian case st. ETH Learning and Teaching Journal. 248-252.
- (2019). Taksonomitabellen - En oversettelse av The Taxonomy Table til norsk. Nordisk sygeplejeforskning. 272-284.
- (2019). Meaningful interaction: Toward a new theoretical approach to online instruction. Technology, Pedagogy and Education. 473-484.
- (2019). Evaluation of a new e-learning framework for teaching nuclear medicine and radiology to undergraduate medical students. Acta Radiologica Open. 1-6.
- (2017). E-learning for medical imaging specialists: introducing blended learning in a nuclear medicine specialist course. Acta Radiologica Open. 1-5.
- (2016). Using the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning to Improve My Teaching.
- (2016). Getting the Word Out: Helping instructors make better use of UiB’s new learning platform.
- (2016). From Personal Identity to Knowledge Production.
- (2016). Canvas and Assessment at a Norwegian University.
- (2020). The implications of digital assessment technology for transforming student learning in Norwegian higher education.
- (2019). Digital Assessment as Feedback to Support Effective and Meaningful Learning.
- (2019). Crossing Institutional Borders with Digital Tools, Universal Design Principles, & SoTL Perspectives.
- (2019). Addressing the “Border” between Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Norwegian Higher Education.
- (2018). Using formative assessment to change thinking and broaden perspectives in an interdisciplinary course.
- (2018). Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age: Redesigning Assessment Strategies in Norwegian Higher Education.
- (2018). Current Status and Challenges for OER in Norway.
- (2018). Building a Learning-Centered, Scholarly Culture for Digital Assessment in a Norwegian University.
- (2018). Assessment in the Digital Age: Using Canvas to Improve Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.
- (2017). Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age: An exploration into how to change how we've always done things.
- (2017). Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age: Alternative Assessment and Course Redesign at a Norwegian University.
- (2017). Rethinking learning through teaching and assessment.
- (2017). Institutional Change: Changing how educators assess their students with the help of Canvas.
- (2017). Digital Assessment: Current and Future Developments across Europe.
- (2017). Changing how we've always done things: Making fundamental changes in assessment to focus on learning.
- (2016). Theory and Practice in Pedagogy and Didactics. National and International Educational Practices.
- (2021). Assessment theory, policy, and practice in higher education - Integrating feedback into student learning. Waxmann Verlag.
- (2017). Putting Theory into Practice in the Contemporary Classroom: Theory Lessons. Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- (2016). Tools for the Development of Teaching at University. Univerzita Komenskehov v Bratislava.
- (2021). When the past and future collide: Digital technologies and assessment in Norwegian higher education. 20 sider.
- (2021). The multifarious nature of assessment. 8 sider.
- (2017). Teaching and learning as textual acts: Roland Barthes, assessment, and the value of the writerly. 21 sider.
- (2010). A history of philosophical and theoretical issues for mixed methods research. 29 sider.
- (2016). A Guide to Better Teaching at University.
- (2013). Mobile in Black and White.
- (2021). Preface. 7-10.
- R. M. Gray. (2016). Teaching and learning as textual acts: Roland Barthes, assessment, and the value of the writerly. Theory Lessons: Constructing, Deconstructing, and Reconstructing the Classroom. Ed. Becky McLaughlin. Newcastle up Tyne, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, in press.
- Mobile in Black and White (2013), a documentary film project
- Technology Integration in Higher Education: Social and Organizational Aspects (2011), a reference book co-edited with Daniel Surry and Tres Stefurak
- Jesus Walks the Southland (2014), a book of poems
- Gray, R. M, and Dwight, J. (2011). "Toward a New Standard of Quality in Online Learning: Critical Interaction and the Death of the Online Instructor." Technology Integration in Higher Education: Social and Organizational Aspects. IGI.
- Johnson, R. B. & Gray, R. M. (2009). "A Brief History (Past and Present) of Mixed Methods Research Issues." SAGE Handbook of Mixed Methods in Social & Behavioral Research, 2nd ed. SAGE.
- Vanguri, P. R., & Gray, R. M. (2004). "Current Issues in Athletic Training: Faculty Technology Development." Athletic Therapy Today.
- Gray, R. M. (2002). "Assessing Student's Written Projects." New Directions for Teaching and Learning: Assessment Strategies for the Online Teacher: From Theory to Practice. Jossey-Bass.
- Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age: Online Tools and Assessment Practices, funded by Norgesuniversitetet
- Mobile in Black and White, a documentary film project on race relations in the United States
- Development of Tools for Enhancing the Quality of University Teachers´ Scholarship of Teaching and Learning