CCBIO Annual Symposium 2017
CCBIO inviterer til sitt femte årlige møte 19-20. april 2017 på Solstrand Hotel & Bad, Os utenfor Bergen.
We have the pleasure of inviting you to the 5th CCBIO Symposium, April 19th-20th 2017 at Solstrand hotel. The 2016 symposium was a success with more than 200 participants and we expect the 2017 symposium to be at least as good. To participate, you will need to register within April 6th.
As you can see from the pre-final program below, we have secured a range of international and national speakers and one of the highlights will be the talk by chairman of the Nobel Foundation, Carl-Henrik Heldin. The symposium will be a combination of talks by invited international speakers and other senior and junior researchers, extended poster sessions where younger researchers can present their work, and ample time for interaction between the participants. The symposium is open for all, so please feel free to pass on this information.
Day 1, Wednesday April 19, 2017
- 09:00-10:00 Registration and Coffee
- 10:00-10:15 Lars A. Akslen (Director of CCBIO): Introduction to CCBIO Symposium 2017.
Chair: Jean Paul Thiery
- 10:15-11:00 John Heymach: EMT, immunomodulation and therapeutic resistance
- 11:00-11:45 Angela Nieto: The partial EMT and cell plasticity in fibrosis and cancer
- 11:45-12:30 Robert Gale: What precisely is precision oncology and will it work? (abstract)
12:30-14:30 LUNCH AND POSTER SESSION I
Young Investigators - Chair: Bjørn Tore Gjertsen
- 14:30-14.50 Erling A. Høivik: The genetic evolution of endometrial cancer metastasis
- 14:50-15:10 Randi Hovland: Liquid biopsy biomarkers in clinical trials
- 15:10-15:30 Oddmund Nordgård: Liquid biopsies in pancreatic cancer
- 15:30-15:50 Thomas Arnesen: N-terminal acetyltransferases - novel cancer drug targets (abstract)
- 15:50-16:10 Eirik Tranvåg: Biomarkers and potential impact on priority setting (abstract)
- 16:40-16:50 Roger Strand: Book Presentation: “Cancer Biomarkers: Ethics, Economics, and Society”
Chair: Oddbjørn Straume
- 16:50-17:20 Diane Bielenberg: Expression of Neuropilins in the Epithelium and Endothelium are Biomarkers of Cancer Progression
- 17:20-17:50 Kristin Taskén: What’s up with β-adrenergic receptor signaling and prostate cancer?
Day 2: Thursday April 20, 2017
Chair: Donald Gullberg
- 09:00-09:45 Carl Henrik Heldin: Signaling via TGFb receptors: possible targets in tumor treatment
- 09:45-10:15 Jean-Christoph Bourdon: The cell response to anticancer drugs is defined by the p53 protein isoforms in mutant TP53 cells (abstract)
- 10:15-10:45 Krister Wennerberg: Systems medicine methods for identification of stratified leukemia therapies and their predictive biomarkers
Chair: Karl Henning Kalland
- 11:15-11:45 Salem Chouaib: Effect of hypoxic stress on the cytotoxic anti-tumor response
- 11:45-12:15 Spiros Kotopoulis: Targeting cells with ultrasound: from theory to reality (abstract)
12:30-14:15 LUNCH AND POSTER SESSION II
Chair: Emmet McCormack
- 14:15-14.45 Frederic Amant: Patient derived xenografts as a preclinical model
- 14:45-15:15 Janine Terra Erler: ECM remodelling during cancer progression.
- 15:15-15:45 Jeanette Wood: Role of pharma, biotech, academia and funding bodies in drug discovery innovation
- 15:45-16:00 Bjørn Tore Gjertsen (Co-Director of CCBIO): Closing remarks.