Abel prize 2009 awarded to Misha Gromov
The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters has decided to award the Abel Prize for 2009 to the Russian-French mathematician Mikhail Leonidovich Gromov (65) for “his revolutionary contributions to geometry”.
The Abel Prize recognizes contributions of extraordinary depth and influence to the mathematical sciences and has been awarded annually since 2003.
Read more on: http://abelprisen.no/en
Last updated 2.4.2009
Nyheter fra Department of Mathematics
- Local well-posedness for the periodic Korteweg-de Vries equation in analytic Gevrey classes (17.11.2013)
- Particle dynamics in the KdV approximation (17.11.2013)
- Singular solutions of a fully nonlinear 2x2 system of conservation laws (17.11.2013)
- New course (MAT-ENVIR) in collaboration with Princeton University (21.08.2013)
- IWMO2013 pictures (19.06.2013)
- Abel prize