Abel prize 2009 awarded to Misha Gromov
The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters has decided to award the Abel Prize for 2009 to the Russian-French mathematician Mikhail Leonidovich Gromov (65) for “his revolutionary contributions to geometry”.
The Abel Prize recognizes contributions of extraordinary depth and influence to the mathematical sciences and has been awarded annually since 2003.
Read more on: http://abelprisen.no/en
Last updated 2.4.2009
Nyheter fra Department of Mathematics
- Norwegian summer school on analysis and geometry for PhD students and young researchers (14.03.2013)
- International Scientific Committee and Local Steering Committee (05.11.2012)
- IWMO 2013 in Bergen, Norway (20.09.2012)
- Researchers boycott shakes the publishing giant (03.05.2012)
- Geometry and Analysis of Complex Shapes and Applications to Mathematical Physics (27.02.2012)
- Abel prize