"Towards a Fairer Future of Education: Algorithmic Inequality and Learning Analytics"
SLATE center and MediaFutures center are organizing a Symposium "Towards a Fairer Future of Education: Algorithmic Inequality and Learning Analytics" at Scandic Ørnen in Bergen on June 13th.
It is no wonder that with recent AI advancements, we have many questions in our mind about having a fairer future of education with emerging technologies. This symposium gathers brilliant international and national speakers who will present and discuss some of the issues with algorithms inequality. This symposium should be of interest for leaders, management and administrators, IT departments, instructors, researchers, and others interested in Artificial intelligence (AI) in Education, Data Analytics, and learning analytics.
- 09:00 – 09:30 Registration and Coffee
- 09:30 – 09:45 Welcome and Opening
- Mohammad Khalil, Mehdi Elahi, Barbara Wasson
- 09:45 – 10:45 Towards Responsible Learning Analytics
- Dragan Gasevic, Professor, Monash University, Australia
- 10:45 – 11:00 Break
- 11:00 – 11:30 Writing with AI: Pitfalls, Gaps, and Opportunities for Learners
- Scott Rettberg, Professor, University of Bergen
- 11:30 – 12:00 Fairness and social justice in education through algorithmic equality?
- Anja Salzmann, Postdoc researcher, University of Bergen
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch Break
- 13:00 – 14:00 Learning Analytics Dashboards: Lessons Learned
- Katrien Verbert, Professor, KU Leuven
- 14:00 – 14:15 Break
- 14:15 – 15:15 Panel discussion and further questions
- Dragan Gasevic, Katrien Verbert, Jelena Jovanovic, Barbara Wasson, Scott Rettberg, Anja Salzmann Mohammad Khalil (moderator), Mehdi Elahi (moderator)
- 15:15 – 15:30 Wrap-up and Close
An updated programme will allways be avaliable at SLATE's websites