Course offered :
- Current semester
- Next semester
Current programmes of study
Aim and Content
The course is practically oriented, and gives a an introduction to development of software systems. Central to the course is a project
where students work in groups to solve a larger development task. The course gives an overview of different software life cycle models,
maintenance of software systems, and laws and regulations governing software system development. Object-oriented methods are emphasised.
The students shall be able to
- develop and explain common types of Unified Modelling Language diagrams,
- describe some commonly used software development processes,
- use established techniques for capturing and analysing user requirements,
- explain important design principles, and
- use an Integrated Development Environment and version control system.
Course offered (semester)
Language of Instruction
Recommended previous knowledge
Written exam. It is opportunity for grades on exercises, which can be included in the final grade. If less than 20 students are taking the course, it can be oral exam.
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.