Objectives and Content
The course will make the students able to carry out computer graphics and to evaluate software and hardware for that use. The course is a foundation for a master¿s thesis within computer graphics.
After having completed UiB course INF251 on Computer Graphics (with average success), a student will have gained the following learning outcomes:
- knowledge of the principal basics of computer graphics
- differentiate the most common modeling approaches
- carry out geometric affine transformations
- discuss the interaction of light with a 3D scene
- discuss different aspects of color in computer graphics
- explain the different stages in the viewing pipeline
- use the principle of texturing for computer graphics
- use OpenGL for graphics programming (or a comparable API)
Required Previous Knowledge
At least 60 ECTS in computer science, preferably including some mathematics
Recommended Previous Knowledge
A solid background in (object-oriented) programming, comprised of both knowledge and practical experience, is required. In particular, we recommend having experiences with C/C++ before subscribing to this course.
Compulsory Assignments and Attendance
Compulsory assignments are valid two semesters, the semester of the approval and the following semester.
Forms of Assessment
Written exam. It is opportunity for grades on exercises, which can be included in the final grade. If less than 20 students are taking the course, it can be oral exam.
Examination support materials: All calculators, according to model listed in faculty regulations.
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
I291: 10 ECTS, INF211: 10 ECTS
mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Student adviser
T: 55 58 42 00
For written exams, please note that the start time may change from 09:00 to 15:00 or vice versa until 14 days prior to the exam. The exam location will be published 14 days prior to the exam.
Type of assessment: Written examination
- Withdrawal deadline
- Examination system
- Digital exam