Innføring i HCI
- Talet på semester1
Mål og innhald
The course introduces students to analysis, design, and evaluation of the interaction between people and information and communication technologies. The aim is to give students an adequate understanding of the concepts of usability, user experience, and user-centered design. Special attention is given to understanding the lifecycle of interaction design with special emphasis on using qualitative and quantitative methods in establishing requirements and evaluating interactive technologies. Students will learn about current developments in the fields of interaction design and human-computer interaction.
A student who has completed the course should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- knows a definition of interaction design and human-computer interaction.
- knows the concepts of usability, user experience and user-centered design.
- knows the lifecycle model of interaction design.
- has knowledge about different kinds of requirements.
- knows the key concepts and terms used in evaluation.
- has knowledge of different types of evaluation methods.
- can outline and discuss usability goals and user experience goals for designing an interactive product
- can identify suitable methods for evaluating interactive technologies
- can identify suitable methods for establishing requirements
- can discuss the conceptual, practical, and ethical issues involved in evaluation
- can discuss the advantages and disadvantages of low-fidelity and hi-fidelity prototypes
- can produce simple prototypes of interactive products.
Krav til forkunnskapar
INFO100 or equivalent
Krav til studierett
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
10-14 two-hour lectures, 10-14 two-hour seminars, group work, student presentations, and feedback on submitted assignments.
- Compulsory assignments that must be completed and approved.
- Compulsory participation: Attendance at labs (at least 75%).
Approved compulsory requirements are valid for the two following semesters.
- Written exam, 3 hours (60 %)
- Group assignment (40 %)
Assessment in teaching semester.
Only students who have a valid document of absence will be entitled to take a new written exam the following semester.
All courses are evaluated according to UiB's system for quality assurance of education.
Klokkeslett for oppstart av skriftlig eksamen kan endre seg fra kl 09.00 til 15.00 eller vice versa inntil 14 dager før eksamen.
Vurderingsordning: Skuleeksamen og oppgåve i gruppe (Ny eksamen)
- 21.02.2023, 09:00
- 3 timer
- Digital eksamen
- Solheimsgt. 18 (Administrasjonsbygget), SOL 4. etg.
Eksamensdel: Oppgåve i gruppe
- Digital eksamen