Mål og innhald
Students will learn advanced semantic modelling and programming techniques and other best practices for managing information with semantic technologies. Students will acquire skills to build platforms and applications that use semantic technologies for information management and use for big open data. They will gain practical experience in developing semantic model-based applications using technologies such as RDF and OWL.
A student who has completed the course should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
The candidate has theoretical knowledge of basic concepts related to:
- semantic modelling for interoperable information systems, for example using RDFS and OWL.
- other standards for semantic information systems.
- information quality.
Skills: The candidate
- can develop advanced information models, for example ontologies.
- can implement semantic applications.
- can use existing application frameworks for semantic applications.
Krav til forkunnskapar
Krav til studierett
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
14-16 two-hour lectures, 14-16 two-hour seminars
Mandatory participation: Attendance at mandatory labs (at least 80 %)
- 3 hours Written Exam (60%)
- 1 Group Assignment (40%)
Letter grade (A-F).
Assessment in teaching semester. Only students who have a valid document of absence will be entitled to take a new written exam the following semester.
Alle emne blir evaluert i tråd med UiBs kvalitetssystem for utdanning.
Department of Information Science and Media Studies