Applying for admission for PhD candidates at the Dep. of Earth Science
Within two months of your start up date, you must apply for admission to the PhD programme at the Department of Earth Science.
Department specific instructions to the application:
- A: The relevant courses from your bachelor`s degree. If you have taken many courses (>10) you can refer to the transcript of records.
- Type of emplyment: PhD candidates are considered as temparary contract.
- Working title: the (preliminary) title of your PhD project
- MNF990 Theory of Science and Ethics is mandatory in the Formal part.
- Presentation of your own research work at an international conference (2 ECTS) is mandatory in the Knowledge transmission part.
- The last credit in the Knowledge transmission part is normally achieved by participating at our writing course.
- You should present a draft of your plan of study to your PhD coordinator before submitting the application
- Your PhD coordinator will collect the Head's signature.
Submit your application and attachments to your PhD coordinator on e-mail.The application and attachments should be submitted as seperate PDF files with descriptive names. You also have to submit one merged file consisting of the application and all of the attachments.