The offshore wind conference Science Meets Industry
Welcome to the offshore wind conference Science Meets Industry in Bergen where academics and professionals from the business community and the public sector get together to exchange new knowledge and ideas.
The topic this year is the North Sea
Ostende in March 2023: The energy ministers of nine European countries signed an agreement committing to jointly install at least 120 GW of capacity of offshore wind by 2030, and at least 300 GW by 2050.
The Ostend declaration is hailed as a milestone on the path to a greener and more energy-independent Europe.
In the Ostend declaration Norway has committed to:
Norway aims to establish at least 3 GW of offshore wind by 2030, including 1,5 GW of floating wind and will award areas that are suitable for 30 GW offshore wind by 2040.
At the offshore wind conference Science Meets Industry we will get the perspectives from politics, industry and science.
09:00 Registration and coffee
Offshore wind in Northern Europe
- The Ostend declaration of energy ministers, secretary of state Andreas Bjelland Eriksen
- Weather systems/wind resources and interconnection of production in the North Sea, Asgeir Sorteberg, UiB
- Offshore grid development in the North Sea, Anja Farstad, Statnett
- Go-to renewable zones, Eirik Finserås, UiB
Offshore wind in Norway
- News from Equinor, Daniel Rogstad, Equinor
- GoliatVIND, Synnøve Flesland, Odfjell Ocean Wind
- Seabed Investigations in Offshore Wind - Dag Sigurd Stensholt, Fugro
- Geology at SN II, Christian Haug Eide, UiB
Research and innovations
- Drones, Mauro Ghirardelli, UiB
- SAMURAI – drones for offshore wind measurement, Joachim Reuder, UiB
- Offshore Wind 2040, Cristian Gebhardt, Bergen Offshore Wind Centre/UiB
- Offshore wind farm layout optimization using ensemble methods, Kjersti Solberg Eikrem, NORCE
- Development of Subsea Station, Arill Smaaland Hagland, OneSubsea
Debate: Is Norwegian offshore wind profitable? (Session held in Norwegian)
- Thina Margrethe Saltvedt, Nordea
- Terje Erikstad, DN
- Finn Gunnar Nielsen, UiB
- Jon Evang, Fornybar Norge
- Daniel Rogstad, Equinor
15:30 Closing remarks
Participation and Costs
Price: NOK 490,- excluding VAT.
Free for students (with a valid school e-mail address and limited to 20 students): To register send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference takes place in the University Aula (Universitetsaulaen) at Nygårdshøyden in central Bergen.