Language of instruction
The course will prepare the candidates for teaching, assessing and supervising students at bachelor- and master level within the health sciences. The objective of the course includes increasing the candidates understanding of how students learn and how to facilitate learning processes.
Through theoretical studies, group discussion and practical exercises, the candidates will be introduced to key educational topics and research on learning, teaching preparations, varied and student centered teaching methods, assessments methods and their functions, ICT-tools etc. The main target group is candidates with little or no experience as teachers.
On completion of the course the student should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- Understands what learning is and how learning can be facilitated
- Has knowledge about the purpose and function of models for educational planning
- Can intentionally select and apply varied teaching methods
- Knows the most common assessment methods and how assessment affects students learning
- Can supervise and supply feedback to students in various educational settings
- Can peer-review different teaching practices
- Is able to work systematically to continue to improve his/her own teaching skills
- Can use digital learning managements systems (LMS) to organize and plan teaching and learning activities
- Is able to read, understand and apply educational research
The course consists of the following components:
- one full day of interactive teaching
- three ½-day seminars
- small group peer-review of actual teaching or video recordings of teaching
- paper presented at seminar
Candidates must attend all activities described to pass the course.
Form of assessment
Candidates will be assessed based on attendance and on their paper presentations.
Marte Bjerke Roska, email@example.com
Monika Kvernenes, Monika.Kvernenes@uib.no, Tel: 55 58 65 99
Faculty of Medicine, University of Bergen
Type of assessment: Oppgaver
- Withdrawal deadline