Norwegian Marine University Consortium
The Norwegian Marine University Consortium (NMU) is an institutional cooperation agreement among universities in Norway with considerable marine and maritime profil. NMUC is Norway´s representant of the higher education sector to the European Marine Board.
NMU coordinates the participation of Norway´s universities at the European Marine Board (EMB). It is a channel of communication on marine and maritime issues, and facilitates the Norwegian participation in processes initiated and led by EMB.
NMU shall promote cooperation in marine and maritime research, education and infrastructure among its members.
NMU will also contribute to the academic and research policy discussions on marine og maritime issues to the European Commission and other international organisations.
Board of NMU:
- Jarl Giske, marine dean, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, UiB (leader)
- Dag Olav Andersen, Head of Department of Natural Sciences, UiA
- Kari Kolstad, Dean, Faculty of Biosciences, NMBU
- Ketil Eiane, Dean, Faculty of Biosciences and Aquaculture, Nord University
- Anastasios Lekkas, Associated professor, Department of Engineering Cybernetics, NTNU
- Nils Christian Stenseth, Professor, Department of Biosciences, UiO
- Muk Chen Ong, Professor, Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Materials Science, UiS
- Kathrine Tveiterås, Dean Faculty of Biosciences, Fisheries and Economy, UIT
- Helle Oltedal, Program manager Maritime Security R&D, HVL
National coordinator: Senior adviser Dr Beatriz Balino, UiB
This site is updated by Beatriz Balino