Outbound researchers

National Register and Tax

Main content

National Register

When you are moving back to Norway, you must change your address in the National Register. If your do not own an apartment in Norway, you might be asked to document your housing (a lease contract). In some cases it can be necessary to go in person to the National Register to register the moving back to Norway. 


If you changed the income tax during the mobility, remember to change your tax information when moving back to Norway. 

The next tax report you might be eligible for tax deductions for the period you were outside Norway. The deductions are depending on your situation and it is recommended that you make enquiries to your local tax office for counselling. The Norwegian tax paying association can also be contacted.  (skatt.no)