My research interests are in the fields of toxicology, environmental toxicology, biomarkers, endocrine disruptors, toxicogenomics, environmental genomics, proteomics, and systems toxicology.
Currently project leader of "dCod 1.0: decoding the systems toxicology of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua)" (dcod.no), a large interdisciplinary project under the Digital Life Norway network, funded by the BIOTEK 2021 programme of the Research Council of Norway.
BIO 216 Toxicology, BIO 316 Selected topics in environmental toxicology
- 2021. Pollutants in ocean’s giants. Fram Forum. 127-129.
- 2021. Concentrations and endocrine disruptive potential of phthalates in marine mammals from the Norwegian Arctic. Environment International.
- 2020. ReCodLiver0.9: Overcoming Challenges in Genome-Scale Metabolic Reconstruction of a Non-model Species. Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences. 10 pages.
- 2020. Quantitative transcriptomics, and lipidomics in evaluating ovarian developmental effects in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) caged at a capped marine waste disposal site. Environmental Research. 1-11.
- 2020. Proteomics and lipidomics analyses reveal modulation of lipid metabolism by perfluoroalkyl substances in liver of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua). Aquatic Toxicology. 13 pages.
- 2020. Molecular and Functional Properties of the Atlantic Cod (Gadus morhua) Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptors Ahr1a and Ahr2a. Environmental Science and Technology. 1033-1044.
- 2020. Expression and localization of the aryl hydrocarbon receptors and cytochrome P450 1A during early development of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua). Aquatic Toxicology. 10 pages.
- 2020. Environmental pollutants modulate transcriptional activity of nuclear receptors of whales in vitro. Environmental Science and Technology. 5629-5639.
- 2020. Application of quantitative transcriptomics in evaluating the ex vivo effects of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances on Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) ovarian physiology. Science of the Total Environment. 1-11.
- 2019. Spiser oss sterile.
- 2019. Modulation of neuro-dopamine homeostasis in juvenile female Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) exposed to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and perfluoroalkyl substances. Environmental Science and Technology. 7036-7044.
- 2019. Environmental contaminants modulate the transcriptional activity of polar bear (Ursus maritimus) and human peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARA). Scientific Reports. 1-14.
- 2019. Effects of agricultural pesticides in aquafeeds on wild fish feeding on leftover pellets near fish farms. Frontiers in Genetics. 1-18.
- 2019. Contaminant accumulation and biological responses in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) caged at a capped waste disposal site in Kollevåg, Western Norway. Marine Environmental Research. 39-51.
- 2018. Sequence variations in pxr (nr1i2) from Zebrafish (Danio rerio) strains affect nuclear receptor function. Toxicological Sciences. 28-39.
- 2018. RNA-Seq analysis of transcriptome responses in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) precision-cut liver slices exposed to benzo[a]pyrene and 17α-ethynylestradiol. Aquatic Toxicology. 174-186.
- 2018. LC-MS/MS based profiling and dynamic modelling of the steroidogenesis pathway in adrenocarcinoma H295R cells. Toxicology in Vitro. 332-341.
- 2018. Kroppen for voksne: Farlige forbindelser.
- 2018. Jostein Goksøyr og mysteriet med den nesten glemte Nature-artikkel. Biologen. 4-7.
- 2018. Independent losses of a xenobiotic receptor across teleost evolution. Scientific Reports. 1-13.
- 2018. Effects of defined mixtures of POPs and endocrine disruptors on the steroid metabolome of the human H295R adrenocortical cell line. Chemosphere. 328-339.
- 2018. Assessing the environmental quality of sediments from Split coastal area (Croatia) with a battery of cell-based bioassays. Science of the Total Environment. 1640-1648.