- (2022). Heparan sulfate dependent binding of plasmatic von Willebrand factor to blood circulating melanoma cells attenuates metastasis. Matrix Biology. 76-94.
- (2022). A dominant negative splice variant of the heparan sulfate biosynthesis enzyme NDST1 reduces heparan sulfate sulfation. Glycobiology. 518-528.
- (2019). Heparan sulfate in chronic kidney diseases: Exploring the role of 3-O-sulfation. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - General Subjects. 839-848.
- (2018). The exostosin family of glycosyltransferases: mRNA expression profiles and heparan sulphate structure in human breast carcinoma cell lines. Bioscience Reports. 1-12.
- (2018). Potential role for Ext1-dependent heparan sulfate in regulating P311 gene expression in A549 carcinoma cells. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - General Subjects. 1472-1481.
- (2018). Endothelial heparan sulfate deficiency reduces inflammation and fibrosis in murine diabetic nephropathy. Laboratory Investigation. 427-438.
- (2015). Reduced expression of EXTL2, a member of the exostosin (EXT) family of glycosyltransferases, in human embryonic kidney 293 cells results in longer heparan sulfate chains. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 13168-13177.
- (2014). Role of 6-O-sulfated heparan sulfate in chronic renal fibrosis. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 20295-20306.
- (2014). Fibroblast α11β1 integrin regulates tensional homeostasis in fibroblast/A549 carcinoma heterospheroids. PLOS ONE.
- (2012). Heparan sulfate expression is affected by inflammatory stimuli in primary human endothelial cells. Glycoconjugate Journal. 67-76.
- (2012). Fibroblast EXT1-levels influence tumor cell proliferation and migration in composite spheroids. PLOS ONE. 10 pages.
- (2012). Drosophila heparan sulfate, a novel design. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 21950-21956.
- (2010). Target selection of heparan sulfate hexuronic acid 2-O-sulfotransferase. Glycobiology. 1274-1282.
- (2009). Mutation in the heparan sulfate biosynthesis enzyme EXT1 influences growth factor signaling and fibroblast interactions with the extracellular matrix. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 34935-34943.
- (2009). Molecular analysis of heparan sulfate biosynthetic enzyme machinery and characterization of heparan sulfate structure in Nematostella vectensis. Biochemical Journal. 585-593.
- (2008). Heparan sulfate biosynthesis enzymes EXT1 and EXT2 affect NDST1 expression and heparan sulfate sulfation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 4751-4756.
- (2007). Syndecans promote integrin-mediated adhesion of mesenchymal cells in two distinct pathways. Experimental Cell Research. 3902-3913.
- (2007). Sulfs are regulators of growth factor signaling for satellite cell differentiation and muscle regeneration. Developmental Biology. 464-477.
- (2007). SULF1 and SULF2 regulate heparan sulfate-mediated GDNF signaling for esophageal innervation. Development. 3327-3338.
- (2007). Contribution of EXT1, EXT2, and EXTL3 to heparan sulfate chain elongation. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 32802-32810.
- (2006). Substrate specificity and domain functions of extracellular heparan sulfate 6-O-endosulfatases, QSulf1 and QSulf2. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 4969-4976.
- (2006). Overexpression of heparan sulfate 6-O-sulfotransferases in human embryonic kidney 293 cells results in increased N-acetylglucosaminyl 6-O-sulfation. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 5348-5356.
- (2006). Enzymatically active N-deacetylase/N-sulfotransferase-2 is present in liver but does not contribute to heparan sulfate N-sulfation. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 35727-35734.
- (2004). Purification of a 75 kDa protein-N-acetylglucosamine-6-sulphatase from the organelle matrix of human neutrophils. Biochemical Journal.
- (2004). Heparan sulfate synthesized by mouse embryonic stem cells deficient in NDST1 and NDST2 is 6-O-sulfated but contains no N-sulfate groups. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 42355-42358.
- (2004). Embryonic fibroblasts with a gene trap mutation in Ext1 produce short heparan sulfate chains. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 32134-32141.
- (2004). Biosynthesis of hyaluronan: Direction of chain elongation. Journal of Biological Chemistry.
- (2021). The elusive functions of EXT1 and EXT2.
- (2012). Molecular mechanisms of integrin alpha 11.
- (2011). Heparan sulfate proteoglycans: effects of NDST1 deficiency on fibroblast function.
- (2018). EXT proteins: Role in heparan sulfate Assembly and in Tumor biology.
- (2011). The Roles of EXT-Like Proteins in Heparan Sulphate Biosynthesis.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- (2017). Role of the Extracellular Matrix in Tumor Stroma: Barrier or Support? 36 pages.
- (2016). Chapter Six – Heparan Sulfate: Biosynthesis, Structure, and Function. 59 pages.
Academic literature review
- (2022). Integrin α11β1 in tumor fibrosis: more than just another cancer-associated fibroblast biomarker? Journal of cell communication and signaling.
- (2014). The exostosin family: Proteins with many functions. Matrix Biology. 25-33.