- 2020. Respiratory symptoms and mortality in four general population cohorts over 45 years. Respiratory Medicine.
- 2019. Sputum microbiota and inflammation at stable state and during exacerbations in a cohort of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients. PLOS ONE. 1-18.
- 2019. Risk factors for lung cancer in COPD - results from the Bergen COPD cohort study. Respiratory Medicine. 81-88.
- 2019. Pharmacological treatment of asthma in a cohort of adults during a 20-year period: results from the European Community Respiratory Health Survey I, II and III. European Respiratory Journal Open Research (ERJ Open Research). 12 pages.
- 2019. Motivation and response rates in bronchoscopy studies. Multidisciplinary Respiratory Medicine. 1-9.
- 2019. Laboratory contamination in airway microbiome studies. BMC Microbiology. 1-13.
- 2019. Determinants of fractional exhaled nitric oxide in healthy men and women from the European Community Respiratory Health Survey III. Clinical and Experimental Allergy. 969-979.
- 2018. Guideline adherence in hospital recruited and population based COPD patients. BMC Pulmonary Medicine. 1-9.
- 2017. Unemployment in chronic airflow obstruction around the world: Results from the BOLD study. European Respiratory Journal. 1-12.
- 2017. Growth differentiation factor-15 is a predictor of important disease outcomes in patients with COPD. European Respiratory Journal. 1-10.
- 2017. Comparing microbiota profiles in induced and spontaneous sputum samples in COPD patients. Respiratory Research. 1-9.
- 2016. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor, a role in COPD. American Journal of Physiology - Lung cellular and Molecular Physiology. L1-L7.
- 2016. Incidence of utilization- and symptom-defined COPD exacerbations in hospital- and population-recruited patients. The International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 2099-2108.
- 2014. Productivity losses in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a population-based survey. BMJ Open Respiratory Research. 1-8.
- 2014. Predictors of exacerbations in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - results from the Bergen COPD Cohort Study. PLOS ONE.
- 2014. Predictors of dyspnoea prevalence: Results from the BOLD study. European Respiratory Journal. 1610-1620.
- 2013. The impact of COPD on health status: findings from the BOLD study. European Respiratory Journal. 1472-1483.
- 2013. Cost effectiveness of adding budesonide/formoterol to tiotropium in COPD in four Nordic countries. Respiratory Medicine. 1709-1721.
- 2011. Excessive costs of COPD in ever-smokers. A longitudinal community study. Respiratory Medicine. 485-493.
- 2011. ADRB2 Gly16Arg polymorphism, asthma control and lung function decline. European Respiratory Journal. 1029-1035.
- 2009. Present and future costs of COPD in Iceland and Norway: results from the BOLD study. European Respiratory Journal. 850-857.
- 2009. Aspects of healthcare utilisation in self-reported obstructive lung disease. Clinical Respiratory Journal. 34-41.
- 2008. Repeatability of health economic data in COPD. Respiratory Medicine. 1556-1562.
- 2008. Economics of COPD: literature review and experiences from field work. Clinical Respiratory Journal. 104-110.
- 2005. Leger i såpeoperaen – en studie av Akutten. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 3464-3467.
Reader opinion piece
- 2013. Sex-related differences in respiratory symptoms: results from the BOLD Study. European Respiratory Journal. 858-860.
- 2011. Costs of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a general population.
- 2019. Repeated bronchoscopy examination of the airway microbiome. European Respiratory Journal.
- 2010. Gender-related differences in respiratory symptoms: Results from the international BOLD Study. Wiener Klinische Wochenschrift. A49-A49.
- 2009. How expensive is comorbidity in COPD? Respiratory Medicine. S7-S7.
- 2005. Airflow obstruction is associated with increased health care utilization in self-reported obstructive lung disease.
Academic literature review
- 2016. Participation in research bronchoscopy: a literature review.
- 2016. Complications and discomfort of bronchoscopy: a systematic review. 9 pages.