Torleif Julius Torgersen
- Phone+47 55 58 69 66
- Visitor AddressLars Hilles gate 35015 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78005020 Bergen
Torleif Torgersen is born in Bergen and made his debut in Oslo in 1992. He studied with Einar Steen-Nøkleberg, Eva Knardahl and Lazar Berman at the Norwegian Academy of Music and with Liisa Pohjola at the Sibelius Academy in Helsinki.
Torgersen received his Diploma in 1993 and joined the MiN-ensemble in Northern Norway the same year. With this sinfonietta type ensemble he has since toured in Norway and Europe and made several recordings, two of which consist solely of works written especially for him by composers Jon Øivind Ness, Mark Adderley, Henrik Hellstenius and Matthew Burtner.
His solo debut CD from 1995 with works by the Norwegian composers Fartein Valen and Lasse Thoresen was nominated for a Norwegian Grammy. He has also recorded the complete piano works of Norwegian composer Klaus Egge, a recording that was prepared while staying as a resident artist at the Banff Centre for the Arts in Canada in 1996-97. As a champion of these composers he has performed the music of Valen and Egge in numerous concerts in Russia, Germany, Italy, Turkey and Finland as well as Canada, including performances of Fartein Valens piano concerto in St Petersburg in 2000 and Klaus Egges piano concerto no 2 in Istanbul in 2006.
He has performed at a number of international festivals among them the Berliner Festwochen, St. Petersburg festival and the Prague Festival. Since 2005 Torleif Torgersen has also performed with the legendary violinist Shlomo Mintz in concerts in most of Europe as well as Israel, Japan and South Amerika.
As a performer on historical instruments Torleif Torgersen has held many concerts and lectures and has studied with Liv Glaser, Malcolm Bilson and Bart van Oort. His world premiere recording on fortepiano of the piano works of German / Norwegian composer Carl Arnold in 2011 was met with wide international acclaim.
- (2002). Historiske Tasteinstrumenter i Bergen. Holberg-dagene 2002. Konsert og demonstrasjon av klaverinstrumenter fra tidlig 1800-tall. Gottlieb Hafner Flygel fra Wien 1830, Broadwood Taffelpiano fra London ca. 1830, Marshall Taffelpiano fra Købehavn ca 1840. Program for konsertdelen,fra Moments Musicaux av Franz Schubert (1828).
- (2004). " Party Music" , CD utgivelse med verk skrevet for Torleif Torgersen og MiN-ensemblet.
- (2004). konsert med hammerklaver og blåsere. Medvirkende blåsere fra Min- ensemblet. Kvinttetter av Mozart og Spohr.
- (2004). fortepiano work shop 2004.
- (2004). Release konserter i forbindelse med slipp av CD "Party Music" med MiN-ensemblet.
- (2004). Konsert.
- (2004). CD innspilling av verk for fagottist Per Hannevold av James Lassen og David Maslanka.
- (2004). Arnold Schoenberg kammersymfoni i arrangement av Anton Webern.
- (2003). Deltatt ved fremføring, debatt, diskusjon av fremlagte verk og arbeids skisser med ca. 15 komponister fra alle nordiske land.Engelsk, Tysk og Norsk Språk.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)