The Biochemical laboratory at the Faculty of Psychology (UoB) is located at the Department of Biological and Medical Psychology. The laboratory has established modern methods for analysing biomarkers from humans and animals and can meet most needs within psychoendochrinological research like classical hormones, corticosteroids and cytokines.
Our most common analyzed biomarkers are:
- Cytokines e.g. IL-4, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10, IFNy and TNFa.
S A M P L I N G M E T H O D S
At the Biochemical Laboratory we analyze samples from:
- Blood drawn by vein puncture
- Blood spots-collected on filter paper (Dry Blood Spot- DBS)
R E S E A R CH M E T H O D S
The staff engineers can be of assistance in project planning with design of data collection concerning biomarkers, planning blood or saliva sampling, sampling protocols and additional assistance.
- Leader: Staff engineer Nina Harkestad Phone +47 55 58 62 37
- Senior engineer: Anne Marie Rød (50%) Phone +47 55 58 60 02
L O C A T I O N
Jonas Lies vei 91, 9th floor