Music-Based Research: Projects, Processes, Possibilities
We are delighted to announce the GRS Autumn Course which will run from November 29th-December 1st 2022. The event is organized by the Grieg Research School in Interdisciplinary Music Studies and is hosted by The University of Bergen. The course has been developed in collaboration with the GRS Ph.D. Candidate Forum, which includes representatives from all GRS institutions.
PhD candidates and Master´s Students, current or recently graduated, are invited to present their projects and discuss themes from their research process and gain feedback from peers, senior researchers and invited speakers. In addition to individual project work, a range of topics relevant to research work will be discussed including, but not limited to:
- The problems and possibilities of choice of language and translation
- Research taboos? Risks and failures, sharing setbacks and obstacles
- Collaboration in research: working across research fields and disciplines
- Presenting research: Strategies from PowerPoint to performance
- Artistic and academic research. Navigating borders and bridges.
- Life after the Ph.D? Preparing for post Ph.D working
The course will be an online event and will involve synchronous and asynchronous activities, presentations, dialogues, group discussions and workshop sessions.
Abstracts are welcomed from any Ph.D. candidates, Masters’ students, supervisors and researchers from any institution. The event is free for all registered participants.
- Deadline for abstracts: 30th September:
- Deadline for registration: 21st November.
Ph.D. candidates can gain 3 or 5 ECTS credit points for active participation during this course and have the option of presenting on the main theme of the course OR on their own research project. These presentations will receive feedback from senior researchers and peers.