Medical Technology, Integrated Master's, 5 years
- Years5 years
- ECTS credits300
What you Learn
Required Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, the candidate should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- Has good basic knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, statistics and informatics forming the basis for the technological and advanced courses in both specializations (chemistry and physics) in Medical Technology.
- Has advanced skills in one or several of their educational topics: advanced simulation and data processing, instrumentation for chemical analysis and synthesis, drug synthesis, technologies for diagnosis and radiotherapy.
- Possesses knowledge about the challenges and opportunities that exist between technology and ethics, security, economy and society.
- Can analyse and identify challenges and issues within medical technology
- Can contribute with academic development of technologies and methods that are used within selected areas of medical technology
- Can design experiment and perform quantitative calculations and perform various data analyses of large data matrices related to medical diagnosis and treatment
- Can describe and utilize technology of significant importance for medical technology and related subjects
- Can communicate and collaborate with other professions within various medical professions
- Can use their skills and knowledge in an innovative way in advanced scientific studies, work processes, and projects
- Possess scientific methods that are necessary for to conduct scientific studies and analyses
- Can communicate both orally and in written about professional issues, analysis and conclusions both with specialists and in a popularized form
- Can contribute to innovation in the development of new emerging technology for medical diagnosis and therapy
- Express understanding and respect for ethics, transparency, precision and reliability
- Can work independently and in groups with advanced scientific and/or technology projects in accordance with applicable norms for research ethics
How to Apply
Higher Education Entrance Qualification including specific requirements from upper secondary school (SIVING).
Good knowledge at high school level in mathematics, physics and chemistry.