Introduction to Data Management Plans (DMP)
The Norwegian Research Council and Horizon Europe require projects to submit a data management plan (DMP). A data management plan describes how data in a research project will be collected, processed and made available.
Kurset holdes på engelsk.
A data management plan (DMP) describes how data in a research project will be collected, processed and made available. The Norwegian Research Council and the European Comission require research projects to submit a DMP. Scientific journals also often require that the research data are made openly available to others. A DMP will help you to consider every aspect of research data management from project start to data publication and thereby save time during the research process.
This course gives you a short introduction to what a data management plan is, why you need it, and how to write one.
Use the "Register" link in the information box on this page to register your place.
The course will run if there are 5+ UiB participants registered. A Zoom link will be sent to registered participants the day before the seminar.
Open Science webinars spring 2024
- 26.01.2024 How to meet Open Science requirements
- 09.02.2024 Finding and using data
- 23.02.2024 Introduction to Data Management Plans (DMP)
- 08.03.2024 Making your research visible and open using ORCID
- 22.03.2024 Open and FAIR data
- 05.04.2024 Introduction to Data Management Plans (DMP)
- 19.04.2024 RDM in the active phase
- 03.05.2023 Open Access - step by step
In addition, we offer courses on request. Please get in touch if you wish a course specifically for your institute or research group!
See also Norwegian Open Science event calender for courses in Open Science.
Presentation slides from past courses are available on Zenodo.