I am interested in modelling, analysis, simulation and optimization of high dimensional dynamical systems in different areas of life sciences, including molecular conformation dynamics, systems biology, and pharmacology, with a focus on meshfree methods, clustering algorithms, parameter identification, and uncertainty quantification.
Publications since 2018 are also listed in CRIStin.
- (2023). Sexual attraction to visual sexual stimuli in association with steroid hormones across menstrual cycles and fertility treatment. Psychoneuroendocrinology.
- (2023). Macrophage phenotype transitions in a stochastic gene-regulatory network model. Journal of Theoretical Biology.
- (2022). The androgen system across the menstrual cycle: Hormonal, (epi-)genetic and psychometric alterations. Physiology and Behavior. 10 sider.
- (2022). Spectral clustering of Markov chain transition matrices with complex eigenvalues. arXiv.org.
- (2022). Rituximab in the treatment of multiple sclerosis: A pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic model.
- (2022). Model-based exploration of hypokalemia in dairy cows. Scientific Reports.
- (2022). Mathematical modelling of follicular growth and ovarian stimulation. Current Opinion in Endocrine and Metabolic Research.
- (2022). Macrophage phenotype transitions in a stochastic gene-regulatory network model. bioRxiv.
- (2022). Hormonal regulation of ovarian follicle growth in humans: Model-based exploration of cycle variability and parameter sensitivities. Journal of Theoretical Biology.
- (2022). Food preferences throughout the menstrual cycle – A computer-assisted neuro-endocrino-psychological investigation. Physiology and Behavior.
- (2021). Modelling Oscillatory Patterns in the Bovine Estrous Cycle with Boolean Delay Equations. Bulletin of Mathematical Biology. 25 sider.
- (2021). Mathematical Modeling and Simulation Provides Evidence for New Strategies of Ovarian Stimulation. Frontiers in Endocrinology.
- (2021). Cognitive function in association with high estradiol levels resulting from fertility treatment. Hormones and Behavior. 9 sider.
- (2020). Objective Priors in the Empirical Bayes Framework. Scandinavian Journal of Statistics. 22 sider.
- (2020). Model-based exploration of the impact of glucose metabolism on the estrous cycle dynamics in dairy cows. Biology Direct. 22 sider.
- (2020). Macroscale mesenchymal condensation to study cytokine-driven cellular and matrix-related changes during cartilage degradation . Biofabrication.
- (2020). Bifurcation and sensitivity analysis reveal key drivers of multistability in a model of macrophage polarization. Journal of Theoretical Biology.
- (2019). Modeling of multivalent ligand-receptor binding measured by kinITC. Computation. 1-16.
- (2019). Follicular competition in cows: the selection of dominant follicles as a synergistic effect. Journal of Mathematical Biology. 28 sider.
- (2019). Combining in vito simulation and in silico modelling towards a sophisticated human osteoarthritis model. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. S183-S183.
- (2019). Associations Between Natural Physiological and Supraphysiological Estradiol Levels and Stress Perception. Frontiers in Psychology. 9 sider.
- (2018). In silico Methods - Computational Alternatives to Animal Testing. Altex. 126-128.
- (2018). Generalized Markov State Modeling Method for Nonequilibrium Biomolecular Dynamics: Exemplified on Amyloid β Conformational Dynamics Driven by an Oscillating Electric Field. Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation. 3579-3594.
- (2018). Correspondence of Trap Spaces in Different Models of Bioregulatory Networks. SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems. 1742-1765.
Since 09/2019: Full Professor, Computational Biology Unit (CBU), Department of Informatics, UiB
08/2018 to 08/2019: Associate Professor, Computational Biology Unit (CBU), Department of Informatics, UiB
05/2015 to 08/2018: Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
01/2010 to 08/2018: Head of the Computational Systems Biology group, Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB), Germany
12/2008: PhD in Mathematics, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
09/2004: Diploma in Applied Mathematics, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany