Objectives and Content
The aim of this course is to give an introduction to practical geology in terms of fundamental practicals and field methods. The theoretical basis builds on GEOV101. During the practicals the most common minerals, rocks, fossils and soils, as well as topographical and geological maps, will be introduced. The course also includes 8 days of excursions and field exercises.
After completing the course GEOV102 the student should be able to:
- identify the most common rock-forming minerals
- describe the most common sediments and rocks
- interpret simple geological maps
- repeat and explain geological observations and interpretations from the excursions and field exercises
- explain geological processes based on practical exercises and demonstrations
- do practical field exercises using topographic map and compass
- draw geological profiles.
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
Type of assessment: Written examination
- 06.10.2017, 09:00
- 4 hours
- Withdrawal deadline
- Examination system
- Digital exam
- Solheimsgt. 18 (Administrasjonsbygget), Eksamenslokale 2. etg.