Doctoral Education: PhD
The University of Bergen’s objective is to ensure that our PhD candidates are at the forefront of their fields. The prerequisite for such efforts is research that is firmly grounded in the highest standards of academic integrity.
As a PhD candidate, you will meet good research environments where you will take your position as a member of a research group with one or more academic advisors.
Please read more about PhD at UiB here
Welcome to the University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is an international research university dedicated to advancing research, science and higher education. On the basis of its academic history and traditions, the University of Bergen sets its sights on the future. It focuses on basic research, PhD-training, research-based teaching and the development of academic disciplines.
Rector Sigmund Grønmo looks with satisfaction at how UiB has contributed to capacity building at our collaborating universities in the south.
CROP AT 20
CROP works to challenge a status quo that keeps 1.2 billion of the world’s population in extreme poverty.
CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE
Birkeland Centre for Space Science is one of UiB’s new Centres of Excellence. The centre opened on 7 March 2013.
At the new Service centre for International Mobility at UiB staff will be on hand to help non-Norwegian staff with relocation issues. The centre is now open.
New doctoral degrees
- Pedersen, Torbjørn Østvik, Blodforsyning ved rekonstruksjon av kjevebein, ph.d., disputas: 20.12.2013
- Gansmo, Liv Beathe, Gir genetiske variasjoner økt kreftrisiko?, ph.d., disputas: 20.12.2013
- Acevedo-Halvick, Ana Luisa, Diskursmarkering blant ungdomar i Guatemala, PhD, disputas: 20.12.2013
- Skaar, Irene, Antocyan – fargerike og nyttige sambindingar ifrå naturen, ph.d., disputas: 19.12.2013
- Østhus, Arild André, Livskvalitet har prognostisk verdi i hode-hals-kreft, ph.d., disputas: 18.12.2013