Doctoral Education: PhD
The University of Bergen’s objective is to ensure that our PhD candidates are at the forefront of their fields. The prerequisite for such efforts is research that is firmly grounded in the highest standards of academic integrity.
As a PhD candidate, you will meet good research environments where you will take your position as a member of a research group with one or more academic advisors.
Please read more about PhD at UiB here
Welcome to the University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is an international research university dedicated to advancing research, science and higher education. On the basis of its academic history and traditions, the University of Bergen sets its sights on the future. It focuses on basic research, PhD-training, research-based teaching and the development of academic disciplines.
A delegation from UiB headed by Rector Sigmund Grønmo visited Makerere University to celebrate 25 years of collaboration between the two universities.
Every year the University of Bergen invites administrative staff from international partner universities to share ideas and best practices from their work.
CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE
Birkeland Centre for Space Science is one of UiB’s new Centres of Excellence. The centre opens on 7 March 2013.
At the new Service centre for International Mobility at UiB staff will be on hand to help non-Norwegian staff with relocation issues. The centre is now open.
New doctoral degrees
- Hagen, Bjarne Christian, Fra ulmebrann til flammebrann, ph.d., disputas: 28.06.2013
- Volchenkov, Roman, Skreddersydd behandling med dendrittiske celler, ph.d., disputas: 26.06.2013
- Strand, Elin, Effekt av fettsyrer i dietten ved hjerte- og karsykdom, ph.d., disputas: 26.06.2013
- Lidal, Endre Mølster, Skissebasert geologisk historieforteljing, PhD, disputas: 25.06.2013
- Moyano, Bernardo, Heterogene reservoarer kan være mer følsomme for trykk, ph.d., disputas: 24.06.2013