Nygårdshøyden South – a science powerhouse
At Nygårdshøyden South, UiB wants to create an academic environment and infrastructure that supports high-level research and education. The development of Norway’s new technology, mathematics and natural science centre at Nygårdshøyden South is vital to securing first-class Norwegian research and education within these fields in the coming years.
The main aspects of our vision:
- Science power on a modern campus.
- Innovation hub that connects society, businesses, students and research communities.
This is what is planned:
- Realfagbygget will be rehabilitated.
- Fysikkbygget will be rehabilitated.
- The auditorium building will be demolished.
- More space will be made available in Realfagbygget.
- The Department of Informatics will move from Fysikkbygget
- A new building will be built in Allégaten 64.
If you want to know more, take a look at our Norwegian language pages for Nygårdshøyden South, or contact us directly.