Ana Lorena Ruano
- Phone+47 988 56 866
- Visitor AddressKalfarveien 31
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- 2019. Pathways to accountability in rural Guatemala: A qualitative comparative analysis of citizen-led initiatives for the right to health of indigenous populations. World Development. 392-401.
- 2019. Healthcare workers’clinical knowledge on maternal and newborn care in Ethiopia:findings from 2016 national EmONCassessment. BMC Health Services Research.
- 2018. Showcasing the contribution of social sciences to health policy and systems research. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- 2018. Oral medicine acceptance in infants and toddlers: measurement properties of the caregiver-administered Children’s acceptance tool (CareCAT). BMC Pediatrics.
- 2018. Does Information and Communication Technology Add Value to Citizen-Led Accountability Initiatives in Health? Experiences from India and Guatemala . Health and Human Rights: An International Journal.
- 2018. Development and validation of a Screening Questionnaire of Family Mistreatment against Older Adults for use in primary care settings in Mexico. Health and Social Care in the community. 102-112.
- 2017. The right to health of non-nationals and displaced persons in the sustainable development goals era: challenges for equity in universal health care. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- 2017. Looking forward to the next 15 years: innovation and new pathways for research in health equity. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- 2017. Engaging with complexity to improve the health of indigenous people: a call for the use of systems thinking to tackle health inequity. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- 2016. Reflections on the Unintended Consequencesof the Promotion of Institutional Pregnancyand Birth Care in Burkina Faso. PLOS ONE.
- 2016. Prevalence and factors associated with violence and abuse of older adults in Mexico’s 2012 National Health and Nutrition Survey. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- 2016. Abuse and discrimination towards indigenous people in public health care facilities: experiences from rural Guatemala. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- 2015. Interventions in Primary Care and their contributions to improving equity in health. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- 2014. Perceptions and experiences of access to public healthcare by people with disabilities and older people in Uganda. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- 2014. Making the post-MDG global health goals relevant for highly inequitable societies: findings from a consultation with marginalized populations in Guatemala. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- 2014. Health, equity and the post-2015 agenda: raising the voices of marginalized communities. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- 2014. From knowing our needs to enacting change: findings from community consultations with indigenous communities in Bangladesh. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- 2014. Community participation in formulating the post-2015 health and development goal agenda: reflections of a multi-country research collaboration. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- 2014. Born before arrival’: user and provider perspectives on health facility childbirths in Kapiri Mposhi district, Zambia. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth.
- 2013. The role of social participation in municipal-level health systems: the case of Palencia, Guatemala. Global health action.
- 2013. The process of social participation in primary health care: the case of Palencia, Guatemala. Health Expectations.
- 2012. It's the sense of responsibility that keeps you going': stories and experiences of participation from rural community health workers in Guatemala. Archives of Public Health.
- 2011. If no-one else stands up, you have to: a story of community participation and water in rural Guatemala. Global health action.
- 2009. Harvard School of Public Health/François-Xavier Bagnoud Center for Health and HumanRightsThe President and Fellows of Harvard CollegeSocial Participation within a Context of Political Violence: Implications for the Promotionand Exercise of the Right to Health in Guatemala. Health and Human Rights: An International Journal.
Academic literature review
- 2018. Community health workers and accountability: Reflections from an international "think-in".
Fields of competence