- Work- and Organizational Psychology
- Chemical and Non-chemical Addiction
- Social Media
- 2019. The associations between low-level gaming, high-level gaming and problematic alcohol use. Addictive Behaviors Reports. 9 pages.
- 2019. Is workaholism associated with inflammatory response? The moderating role of work engagement. TPM - Testing, Psychometrics, Methodology in Applied Psychology. 305-322.
- 2019. Demographics, personality and substance-use characteristics associated with forming romantic relationships. Evolutionary Psychological Science. 13 pages.
- 2019. A national survey on how sexual activity is perceived to be associated with sleep. Sleep and Biological Rhythms. 65-72.
- 2018. Workaholism as a Mediator between Work-Related Stressors and Health Outcomes. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 1-12.
- 2018. Workaholism and negative work-related incidents among nurses. Industrial Health. 373-381.
- 2018. Who is watching user-generated alcohol posts on social media? Addictive Behaviours. 131-137.
- 2018. The development and validation of the Bergen-Yale Sex Addiction Scale With a large national sample. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-15.
- 2018. Tanning addiction: conceptualization, assessment and correlates. British Journal of Dermatology. 345-352.
- 2018. Smartphone restriction and its effect on subjective withdrawal related scores. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-11.
- 2018. Myths about ?The myths about work addiction? Commentary on: Ten myths about work addiction (Griffiths et al., 2018). Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 858-862.
- 2018. Facebook addiction among Polish undergraduate students: validity of measurement and relationship with personality and well-being. Computers in Human Behavior. 329-338.
- 2018. Disentangling the role of users' preferences and impulsivity traits in problematic Facebook use. PLOS ONE.
- 2018. "Freshman's week": Characteristics associated with participation and experiencing adverse effects. Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention, and Policy. 10 pages.
- 2017. Working conditions and individual differences are weakly associated with workaholism: A 2-3-year prospective study of shift-working nurses. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-10.
- 2017. Work addiction in Poland: adaptation of the Bergen Work Addiction Scale and relationship with psychopathology. Health Psychology Report. 345-355.
- 2017. The relationship between addictive use of social media, narcissism, and self-esteem: Findings from a large national survey. Addictive Behaviours. 287-293.
- 2017. The Relationship Between Psychosocial Work Variables and Workaholism: Findings From a Nationally Representative Survey. International Journal of Stress Management. 1-10.
- 2017. Sharing of alcohol-related content on social networking sites: Frequency, content, and correlates. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 608-616.
- 2017. Recurrent cannabis use among Norwegian students: Prevalence, characteristics, and polysubstance use. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 497-510.
- 2017. Problematic social media use: Results from a large-scale nationally representative adolescent sample. PLOS ONE. 1-13.
- 2017. Prevalence and correlates of tattooing in Norway: A large-scale cross-sectional study. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 562-570.
- 2017. Do online privacy concerns predict selfie behavior among adolescents, young adults and adults? Frontiers in Psychology. 1-12.
- 2017. Disclosure and exposure of alcohol on social media and later alcohol use: A large-scale longitudinal study. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-11.
- 2017. An experimental study on the attribution of personality traits to bullies and targets in a workplace setting. Frontiers in Psychology.
- 2017. Alcohol use among business students: Demographic, personality, and social correlates of increased consumption. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research. 900-910.
- 2017. Alcohol use among Norwegian students: Demographics, personality and psychological health correlates of drinking patterns. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 415-429.
- 2016. The relationships between workaholism and symptoms of psychiatric disorders: A large-scale cross-sectional study. PLOS ONE.
- 2016. The relationship between study addiction and work addiction: A cross-cultural longitudinal study. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 708-714.
- 2016. The relationship between addictive use of social media and video games and symptoms of psychiatric disorders: A large-scale cross-sectional study. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors. 252-262.
- 2016. Study addiction: A cross-cultural longitudinal study examining temporal stability and predictors of its changes. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 357-362.
- 2016. Portuguese Validation of the Bergen Facebook Addiction Scale: an Empirical Study. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction. 1062-1073.
- 2016. Perceived anabolic–androgenic steroid use is associated with perceived neuroticism. Journal of Substance Use. 263-267.
- 2016. Do age and gender differences exist in selfie-related behaviours? Computers in Human Behavior. 549-555.
- 2016. A longitudinal study of the relationship between the five-factor model of personality and workaholism. TPM - Testing, Psychometrics, Methodology in Applied Psychology. 285-298.
- 2016. A Psychometric Evaluation of Bergen Facebook Addiction Scale (BFAS) of University Students. International Journal of Psychology and Behavioral Sciences. 199-205.
- 2015. The Bergen Shopping Addiction Scale: Reliability and validity of a brief screening test . Frontiers in Psychology.
- 2015. Study addiction – A new area of psychological study: Conceptualization, assessment, and preliminary empirical findings. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 75-84.
- 2015. Psychological need fulfillment as a mediator of the relationship between transformational leadership and positive job attitudes. Career Development International. 464-481.
- 2015. Prevalence and correlates of anabolic-androgenic steroid use in a nationally representative sample of 17-year-old Norwegian adolescents. Substance Use & Misuse. 139-147.
- 2015. Attitudes towards use of anabolic-androgenic steroids among Ghanaian high school students. International journal of drug policy. 169-174.
- 2015. Analyzing Models of Work Addiction: Single Factor and Bi-Factor Models of the Bergen Work Addiction Scale. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction.
- 2015. Anabolic-androgenic steroid use in the Nordic countries: A meta-analysis and meta-regression analysis. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 7-20.
- 2014. Workaholism and work engagement in the family: The relationship between parents and children as a risk factor. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology. 875-883.
- 2014. Use of social network sites for personal purpose at work: Does it impair self-reported performance? Comprehensive Psychology. 1-11.
- 2014. The prevalence of workaholism: A survey study in a nationally representative sample of norwegian employees. PLOS ONE.
- 2014. Psychometric assessment of workaholism measures. Journal of Managerial Psychology. 7-24.
- 2014. Predictors of use of social network sites at work - a specific type of cyberloafing. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication. 906-921.
- 2014. Facebook addiction: A reply to Griffiths (2012). Psychological Reports. 899-902.
- 2013. Workaholism and work-family spillover in a cross-occupational sample. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology. 78-87.
- 2013. The relationship between behavioral addictions and the five-factor model of personality. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 90-99.
- 2013. Gaming addiction, gaming engagement, and psychological health complaints among Norwegian adolescents. Media Psychology. 115-128.
- 2012. The relationship between narcissism and workaholism, work engagement, and professional positions. Social Behavior and Personality: An international journal. 881-890.
- 2012. Development of a work addiction scale. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 265-272.
- 2012. Development of a Facebook addiction scale. Psychological Reports. 501-517.
- 2012. Coping and workaholism. Results from a large cross-occupational sample. TPM - Testing, Psychometrics, Methodology in Applied Psychology. 281-290.
- 2012. Alkohol og voksenbefolkningen. Rusfag : artikkelsamling fra Regionale kompetansesentre rus. 5-15.
- 2011. Leadership and fulfillment of the three basic psychological needs at work. Career Development International. 507-523.
- 2011. 'Workaholism' and potential outcomes in well-being and health in a cross-occupational sample. Stress and Health. E209-E214.
- 2010. The relationship between “workaholism”, basic needs satisfaction at work, and personality. European Journal of Personality. 3-17.
- 2007. The relationship between strong motivation to work, "workaholism", and health. Psychology and Health. 615-629 .
- 2012. Rus og voksenbefolkningen: Tidlig intervensjon ut fra et arbeidslivsperspektiv. .
- 2011. Rus og voksenbefolkningen: Tidlig intervensjon ut fra et kjønnsspesifikt perspektiv. .
- 2014. The global epidemiology of anabolic-androgenic steroid use.
- 2019. The relationship between SUD and GD: a nationwide longitudinal health registry study.
- 2018. The association between gaming and hazardous alcohol use.
- 2016. When is a new Scale not a new scale? The case of the Bergen Shopping Addiction Scale and the Compulsive Online Shopping Scale. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction. 1107-1110.
Thesis at a second degree level
- 2002. Arbeidsnarkomani - hva er det egentlig? VI, 49 bl.
- 2013. Alkohol på jobb er et lederansvar. Journalen: Medlemsblad for Oslo legeforening.
- 2010. Grenseløs og moderne. Forskning.no : nettavis med nyheter fra norsk og internasjonal forskning.
- 2008. Fanget av jobben. Bergens Tidende.
Letter to the editor
- 2018. Comment on the global gaming industry's statement on ICD-11 gaming disorder: a corporate strategy to disregard harm and deflect social responsibility? Addiction. 2145-2146.
- 2009. Workaholism : antecedents and outcomes.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2019. Bergen-Yale Sex Addiction Scale.
- 2016. Workaholism: An addiction to work. 12 pages.
- 2015. Workaholism: The concept and its assessment. 30 pages.
- 2014. Rus og voksenbefolkningen. 13 pages.
- 2017. Problematic social networking sites use among adolescents: A national representative study. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 62-62.
Academic literature review
- 2015. Polypharmacy among anabolic-androgenic steroid users: A descriptive metasynthesis.
- 2015. Online social network site addiction: A comprehensive review. 175-184.
- 2015. Dataspillavhengighet : en oversikt over utbredelse, måling, korrelater, og behandling. 33-50.
- 2015. Behandling av dataspillavhengighet : en systematisk oversikt. 471-478.
- 2014. Workaholism: An overview and current status of the research. 1-11.
- 2014. The global epidemiology of anabolic-androgenic steroid use: a meta-analysis and meta-regression analysis. 383-398.
- 2014. The aetiology and trajectory of anabolic-androgenic steroid use initiation: A systematic review and synthesis of qualitative research.
- 2014. Social network site addiction - An overview. 4053-4061.
- 2014. Baksiden av kjøpefesten : shoppingavhengighet: En oversikt. 194-209.
- 2014. Anabole-androgene steroider - en oversikt. 22-28.
- 2013. Face it - Du er Facebook-avhengig! 606-609.
- 2013. Arbeidsnarkomani - en oversikt. 652-663.
- 2013. Work Addiction. 837-845. In:
- 2013. Principals of Addiction: Comprehensive Addictive Behaviors, Volume 1 (Encyclopedia of Addictive Behaviors).