- (2022). Quality of life among young people in Norway during the COVID‑19 pandemic. A longitudinal study. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2022). Long-term outcomes at 24- and 36-month follow-up in the intervention arm of the randomized controlled trial of Prompt Mental Health Care. BMC Psychiatry. 1-11.
- (2022). Lessons Learned from an Intersectoral Collaboration between the Public Sector, NGOs, and Sports Clubs to Meet the Needs of Vulnerable Youths. Societies. 13 pages.
- (2022). Increased gaming during COVID-19 predicts physical inactivity among youth in Norway - a two-wave longitudinal cohort study. Frontiers in Public Health. 1-8.
- (2022). Gaming Behaviors and the Association with Sleep Duration, Social Jetlag, and Difficulties Falling Asleep among Norwegian Adolescents. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). 1-14.
- (2022). Emerging mental health problems during the COVID-19 pandemic among presumably resilient youth -a 9-month follow-up. BMC Psychiatry. 12 pages.
- (2022). Cross-national variation in the association between family structure and overweight and obesity: Findings from the Health Behaviour in School-aged children (HBSC) study. SSM - Population Health. 9 pages.
- (2021). ‘We are unlikely to return to the same world, and I do not want it to destroy my future.’ Young people's worries through the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. Child & Family Social Work. 8 pages.
- (2021). Satisfaction With Life, Mental Health Problems and Potential Alcohol-Related Problems Among Norwegian University Students. Frontiers in Psychiatry. 14 pages.
- (2021). Perceived consequences and worries among youth in Norway during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 755-765.
- (2021). 12-year trends in active school transport across four european countries—findings from the health behaviour in school-aged children (Hbsc) study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). 1-15.
- (2020). Associations between family structure and adolescents' food habits. Public Health Nutrition. 1-8.
- (2019). Mental well-being among students in Norwegian upper secondary schools: the role of teacher support and class belonging. Norsk Epidemiologi. 49-58.
- (2019). Associations between family structure and young people's physical activity and screen time behaviors. BMC Public Health. 10 pages.
- (2018). Youth Sport Coaches’ Well-Being Across the Season: The Psychological Costs and Benefits of Giving Empowering and Disempowering Sports Coaching to Athletes. International Sport Coaching Journal. 12 pages.
- (2018). A Conditional Process Analysis of the Coach-Created Mastery Climate, Task Goal Orientation, and Competence Satisfaction in Youth Soccer: The Moderating Role of Controlling Coach Behavior. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology. 203-217.
- (2017). Psychometric properties of the five-item version of the Mindful Awareness Attention Scale (MAAS) in Norwegian adolescents. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 373-380.
- (2017). Measuring mental well-being in Norway: validation of the Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-being Scale (WEMWBS). BMC Psychiatry. 9 pages.
- (2015). Are associations between electronic media use and BMI different across levels of physical activity? BMC Public Health. 10 pages.
- (2013). Promoting Adolescent health through an intervention aimed at improving the quality of their participation in Physical Activity (PAPA): Background to the project and main trial protocol. International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology. 319-327.
- (2013). Motivations for adolescent participation in leisure-time physical activity : international differences. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 106-112.
- (2013). Moderate-to-vigorous physical activity and personal well-being in European youth soccer players: Invariance of physical activity, global self-esteem and vitality across five countries. International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology. 351-364.
- (2013). Intentions to drop-out of youth soccer: A test of the basic needs theory among European youth from five countries. International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology. 13 pages.
- (2013). Comparing self-reported leisure-time physical activity, subjective health, and life satisfaction among youth soccer players and adolescents in a reference sample. International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology. 13 pages.
- (2012). Trender i sosial ulikhet i helseatferd. Tidsskrift for ungdomsforskning. 21-41.
- (2010). The characteristics of the outdoor school environment associated with physical activity. Health Education Research. 248-256.
- (2010). Local school policies increase physical activity in Norwegian secondary schools. Health Promotion International. 63-72.
- (2009). Overweight in school-aged children and its relationship with demographic and lifestyle factors: results from the WHO-Collaborative Health Behaviour in School-aged Children (HBSC) Study. Sozial- und Präventivmedizin. 167-179.
- (2009). Interrelationships of adolescent physical activity, screen-based sedentary behaviour, and social and psychological health. Sozial- und Präventivmedizin. 191-198.
- (2008). Physical environmental characteristics and individual interests as correlates of physical activity in Norwegian secondary schools: The health behaviour in school-aged children study. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity. 10 pages.
- (2012). Sosial ulikhet i helse og læring blant barn og unge: Resultater fra den landsrepresentative spørreskjemaundersøkelsen ”Helsevaner blant skoleleelver. En WHO-undersøkelse i flere land”. .
- (2008). Evalueringsrapport II “Fysisk aktivitet og måltider i skolen”. .
- (2008). Evalueringsrapport 2. Fysisk aktivitet og måltider. .
- (2006). Evalueringsrapport fysisk aktivitet og måltider. .
- (2006). Evaluering av Fysisk aktivitet og måltider i skolen. .
- (2004). Fysisk aktivitet for mennesker med funksjonsnedsettelser;anbefalinger. .
Popular scientific lecture
- (2004). Fysisk aktivitet og måltider i skolen : Målsetting og forventninger om resultat.
- (2004). Evaluering av fysisk aktivitet og måltider i skolen.
- (2016). Family structure and physical activity.
- (2011). The interplay between students’ interest and school facilites and policies to promote student level physical activity.
- (2008). Multilevel correlates of physical activity in the school setting.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- (2012). Fysisk aktivitet i forbygging og behandling av overvekt. 15 pages.
- (2010). Betydningen av et sunt kosthold og fysisk aktivitet for helse og læring. 16 pages.
- (2009). Fysisk aktivitet. 13 pages.
- (2005). School level influences on physical activity and school meals. 12 pages.
Academic literature review
- (2015). Trends in overweight prevalence among 11-, 13- and 15-year-olds in 25 countries in Europe, Canada and USA from 2002 to 2010. European Journal of Public Health. 28-32.
- (2015). Secular trends in moderate-to-vigorous physical activity in 32 countries from 2002 to 2010: A cross-national perspective. European Journal of Public Health. 37-40.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- (2007). Hovedresultater fra :Fysisk aktivitet og måltider i skolen. Kroppsøving.