- Phone+47 55 58 84 41
- Visitor AddressChristies gate 19
- Postal AddressPostboks 78025020 Bergen
I have a PhD in Administration and Organization Theory from the University of Bergen (2021).
My research interests are mainly within public policy and administration, organization theory, and the study of reforms and organizational change. I am particularly interested in education policy, and have done empirical research within the fields of higher education and early childhood education and care. Furthermore, I am interested in connections between education and welfare, and education's impact on the world of work, social inclusion, and regional development.
I am a member of the research group Knowledge, Politics, and Organization at the Department of Government, University of Bergen. Additionally, I am an affiliated member of the research group Knowledge and Governance at the Department of Education, University of Bergen.
I teach courses in organization theory, publicy policy and administration, leadership, and methods, mainly within further and continuing education and courses, at the Department of Government.
- (2021). Quality Assurance in Nordic Higher Education: Relevance and Quality for the Welfare State? Higher Education Policy.
- (2021). Bridging higher education and the world of work? Employer panels in Nordic university governance. European Journal of Higher Education.
- (2020). Engineering learning outcomes: Translations of a policy instrument in a disciplinary context in Nordic higher education. Nordic Journal of Studies in Educational Policy. 116-127.
- (2017). Higher education learning outcomes and their ambiguous relationship to disciplines and professions. European Journal of Education. 56-67.
- (2022). Kunnskapsoppsummering: Hvordan er sammenhenger mellom arbeidsmiljø og kvalitet belyst i nordisk forskningslitteratur i perioden 2015–2022? .
- (2022). "Når det dirrer i rommet" - sammenhenger mellom arbeidsmiljø og kvalitet i barnehagetjenesten. .
- (2017). Kvalitet og relevans i høgare utdanning - nye styringsformer og koplingar til arbeidslivet?
- (2016). Læringsutbytte: Muligheter og utfordringer. Hva kan vi lære av forskningen?
- (2022). Instrumental knowledge? Didactical tools and knowledge regimes in early childhood education.
- (2021). Standardization and diversification in Norwegian early childhood education and care. Connections between national regulations and instruments for management and teaching.
- (2020). Labour market panels for higher education as a case of bridging institutional logics.
- (2019). Saturated higher education and the labor market turn.
- (2018). Labor market panels – rubber stamp or strategic unit?
- (2018). Assuring Relevance and Status: Methods and criteria in quality assurance of higher education in Norway and Denmark.
- (2017). Quality as Relevance and Status – Developments in Quality Assurance of Higher Education in Norway and Denmark.
- (2016). On Higher Education Learning Outcomes.
- (2016). Kvalitet som relevans og status – utviklinga av nasjonale kvalitetssikringssystem i Noreg og Danmark.
- (2016). Higher Education Learning Outcomes and their ambiguous relationship to disciplines and professions.
- (2015). Pedagogikk, politikk og styring. Eit komparativt casestudium av læringsutbytte i norsk høgare utdanning.
- (2021). Governing massified higher education : A cross-national comparative case study of policy instruments for relevance and quality .
- (2019). Re-connecting to the Labor Market? Labor Market Panels for Higher Education in Denmark and Norway.
- (2016). Higher Education Learning Outcomes - Do They Matter?
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)
Evaluating the implementation of the framework plan for kindergartens (early childhood education and care), 2018-2023
After my PhD, I was a postdoc at the research institute NORCE, affiliated with the research project "Evaluating the implementation of the framework plan for kindergartens (early childhood education and care), 2018-2023". The evaluation is funded by the Norwegian Directorate for Education and Training, and the project is carried out in co-operation between NORCE, the University of Bergen, and Western Norway University of Applied Sciences.