international refugee law, human rights law
- 2019. The End of International Protection? The Internal Protection Alternative and Cessation of Refugee Status.
- 2014. Internal Protection Alternative in the EU Qualification Directive.
- 2013. The ‘internal protection alternative’ in refugee law: reflections from Norway and its neighbors.
- 2013. The Right to Refugee Status and the ‘Internal Protection Alternative’: What Does the Law Say?
- 2012. The Scope of 'Safety Elsewhere': Protection Alternatives in Refugee Law.
- 2012. The European Court of Human Rights and the Internal Flight Alternative: an ‘unduly harsh’ approach?
- 2018. Comments from a legal perspective on From Europe to Afghanistan: Children's Perspectives.
- 2012. ESC Rights and Internal Relocation Alternatives in Refugee Law: Reflections on the Notion of ‘Reasonableness’.
- 2019. The Internal Protection Alternative in Refugee Law: Treaty Basis and Scope of Application under the 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees and Its 1967 Protocol.
- 2018. Ingen trygg havn i Kabul. Klassekampen. 38-39.
- 2018. Danish-Norwegian Return Center for Minors in Kabul - A Well-Founded Initiative? >The Global Post.
- 2013. Urettferdig Dublin-samarbeid. Dagbladet.no.
- 2017. The Internal Protection Alternative in Refugee Law. Treaty basis and scope of application under the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and its 1967 Protocol.
- 2019. The Internal Protection Alternative and its Relation to Refugee Status.
- 2016. The Right to Refugee Status and the Internal Protection Alternative: What Does the Law Say?
- 2015. The European Court of Human Rights and Internal Relocation: An Unduly Harsh Standard? . In:
- 2015. Exploring the Boundaries of Refugee Law: Current Protection Challenges. Brill Nijhoff.
Ph.D. University of Bergen, Faculty of Law 2017
J.D. Columbia University, 2000
B.A. Yale College, 1995
WAIT: Waiting for an uncertain future: the temporalities of irregular migration (2019-2020)
VULNER: Vulnerabilities under the Global Protection Regime: how does the law assess, address, shape, and produce the vulnerabilities of protection seekers? (2020-2021)
Temporary protection as a durable solution? The ‘return turn’ in asylum policies in Europe (TemPro) (2020-2023)