- (2023). Reduction in omission events after implementing a Rapid Response System: a mortality review in a department of gastrointestinal surgery. BMC Health Services Research. 1-10.
- (2023). Fluid treatment in acute pancreatitis: a careful balancing act. British Journal of Surgery. 880-882.
- (2022). Restriction of Intravenous Fluid in ICU Patients with Septic Shock. New England Journal of Medicine. 2459-2470.
- (2022). Quantitative pupillometry in comatose out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients: A post-hoc analysis of the TTH48 trial. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 880-886.
- (2022). Kinetics of 2 different high-sensitive troponins during targeted temperature management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients with acute myocardial infarction: a post hoc sub-study of a randomised clinical trial. BMC Cardiovascular Disorders. 10 pages.
- (2022). Goal directed fluid removal with furosemide versus placebo in intensive care patients with fluid overload: A trial protocol for a randomised, blinded trial (GODIF trial). Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 1138-1145.
- (2021). MR-proANP and NT-proBNP During Targeted Temperature Management Following Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: A Post hoc Analysis of the TTH48 Trial. Therapeutic Hypothermia and Temperature Management. 82-89.
- (2021). Characteristics, management and survival of ICU patients with coronavirus disease-19 in Norway, March-June 2020. A prospective observational study. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 618-628.
- (2020). The influence of prolonged temperature management on acute kidney injury after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: A post hoc analysis of the TTH48 trial. Resuscitation. 10-17.
- (2019). Combined Interscalene Brachial Plexus and Superficial Cervical Plexus Nerve Block for Midshaft Clavicle Surgery: A Case Series. AANA journal. 374-378.
- (2017). Long-Term Outcomes after ICU Admission Triage in Octogenarians. Critical Care Medicine. e363-e371.
- (2014). Hospital mortality of adults admitted to intensive care units in hospitals with and without intermediate care units: A multicentre European cohort study. Critical Care.
- (2013). Transfusion requirements in septic shock (TRISS) trial - comparing the effects and safety of liberal versus restrictive red blood cell transfusion in septic shock patients in the ICU: protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials. 12 pages.
- (2012). Propofol and remifentanil versus midazolam and fentanyl for sedation during therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest: a randomised trial. Intensive Care Medicine. 959-967.
- (2012). Hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.4 versus Ringer's acetate in severe sepsis. New England Journal of Medicine. 124-134.
- (2010). Variations in the length of stay of intensive care unit nonsurvivors in three scandinavian countries. Critical Care. 8 pages.
- (2010). The interrater reliability of SAPS II and SAPS 3. Intensive Care Medicine. 850-853.
- (2010). Impact of the post-World War II generation on intensive care needs in Norway. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 479-484.
- (2010). Cognitive dysfunction and health-related quality of life after a cardiac arrest and therapeutic hypothermia. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 721-728.
- (2009). A comparison of SAPS II and SAPS 3 in a Norwegian intensive care unit population. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 595-600.
- (2022). A policy for diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism in the Scandinavian Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine (SSAI). Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 141-144.
Reader opinion piece
- (2015). Hvilke krav stiller vi til intensivmedisinsk kompetanse? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 2033-2034.
- (2020). Helseberedskap mellom to pandemier: alltid beredt? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
Academic literature review
- (2011). Clinical and cellular effects of hypothermia, acidosis and coagulopathy in major injury. British Journal of Surgery. 894-907.