Democracy and Democratization Studies
Political Research Methodology
Reader opinion piece
- 2012. Prediksjoner. Bergens Tidende.
- 2012. Historien er ikke irrelevant. Bergens Tidende. B27.
Thesis at a second degree level
- 2005. Motives in Development Policy, whose are they really? A study of the administration`s role in Norwegian development policy.
- 2005. Institutionalizing opposition in Neo-patrimonial Regimes: Renamo in Mozambique.
- 2005. Explaining the Failure of the Algerian Transition, 1994-1995: A Rational Choice Approach.
- 2005. Defining, measuring and explaining political regimes: Central America 1950-2000.
- 2004. Desarollo con Equidad. Pro-Poor Policies during the Aylwin Government 1990-1994.
- 2019. Hit ‘em Where It Hurts: Measuring and Testing the Impact of Economic Nonviolent Strategies on Democratization.
- 2008. From Maximalist Absolutism towards Pragmatic Opportunism - Explaining Hamas' Electoral Participation.
- 2006. Durable peace following civil war: Testing the importance of security: Guarantees and institutional settlement arrangements.
- 2005. The state and economic development: understanding neoliberalism versus interventionist approaches.
- 2005. Politisering av FNs humanitære aktører i komplekse politiske kriser.
- 2005. Governance and HIV/AIDS in South Africa and Uganda.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2016. The Struggle between Liberalism and Social Democracy. 22 pages.
- 2010. Presidential and Democratic Breakdowns in Latin America: Similar Causes, Different Outcomes. 20 pages.