Democracy and Democratization Studies
Political Research Methodology
Reader opinion piece
- (2012). Prediksjoner. Bergens Tidende.
- (2012). Historien er ikke irrelevant. Bergens Tidende. B27.
Thesis at a second degree level
- (2005). Motives in Development Policy, whose are they really? A study of the administration`s role in Norwegian development policy.
- (2005). Institutionalizing opposition in Neo-patrimonial Regimes: Renamo in Mozambique.
- (2005). Explaining the Failure of the Algerian Transition, 1994-1995: A Rational Choice Approach.
- (2005). Defining, measuring and explaining political regimes: Central America 1950-2000.
- (2004). Desarollo con Equidad. Pro-Poor Policies during the Aylwin Government 1990-1994.
- (2019). Hit ‘em Where It Hurts: Measuring and Testing the Impact of Economic Nonviolent Strategies on Democratization.
- (2008). From Maximalist Absolutism towards Pragmatic Opportunism - Explaining Hamas' Electoral Participation.
- (2006). Durable peace following civil war: Testing the importance of security: Guarantees and institutional settlement arrangements.
- (2005). The state and economic development: understanding neoliberalism versus interventionist approaches.
- (2005). Politisering av FNs humanitære aktører i komplekse politiske kriser.
- (2005). Governance and HIV/AIDS in South Africa and Uganda.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- (2016). The Struggle between Liberalism and Social Democracy. 22 pages.
- (2010). Presidential and Democratic Breakdowns in Latin America: Similar Causes, Different Outcomes. 20 pages.